Nadine Kahn
Nadine Kahn  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 04:57
English to German
+ ...
Aug 14, 2020

Hallo zusammen,

vielleicht hatte der ein oder andere ja auch in letzter Zeit Probleme mit gehackten Konten. Ich hatte jedenfalls mit diversen Passwortänderungen, geschlossenen Accounts usw. zu kämpfen.

Mein Mann hat heute durch Zufall in seinem Firefox-Browser folgende Nachricht entdeckt:

„Datenleck einer Website wurde am 22. Juni 2020 registriert“ Go.appen.com

Passwörter, Telefonnummern, IP-Adressen, E-Mails wurden veröffentlicht.
... See more
Hallo zusammen,

vielleicht hatte der ein oder andere ja auch in letzter Zeit Probleme mit gehackten Konten. Ich hatte jedenfalls mit diversen Passwortänderungen, geschlossenen Accounts usw. zu kämpfen.

Mein Mann hat heute durch Zufall in seinem Firefox-Browser folgende Nachricht entdeckt:

„Datenleck einer Website wurde am 22. Juni 2020 registriert“ Go.appen.com

Passwörter, Telefonnummern, IP-Adressen, E-Mails wurden veröffentlicht.

Ich finde es unmöglich, dass sich Appen bis dato nicht dazu geäußert hat als einem der größten Anbieter für Remote Jobs. Ich werde jedenfalls nicht mehr für diese Firma tätig werden.

Hier die offizielle Meldung von Golem:

https://www.golem.de/news/hackerforum-18-datenlecks-mit-386-millionen-betroffenen-veroeffentlicht-2007-149961.html

Bitte ändert auch umgehend euer Passwort dort und auf allen Seiten, wenn ihr betroffen seid. Und macht ggf. auch mal Druck, dass die sich dazu äußern. Es ist wirklich ein Skandal.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Nadine
Collapse

Sarper Aman
Sarper Aman  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 05:57
Member (2019)
English to Turkish
+ ...
ADAP Aug 14, 2020

Hi, this message is from Appen. I saw it in my Dashboard. Maybe it helps.

"Security Incident Update
Jul 30, 2020
You may have heard about a recent security incident regarding Appen. This security incident did not affect Appen Connect accounts (the platform you are on right now). It only affected accounts on the Appen Data Annotation Platform (ADAP), which was formerly known as the Figure Eight / CrowdFlower platform.

For those with accounts on ADAP, please n
... See more
Hi, this message is from Appen. I saw it in my Dashboard. Maybe it helps.

"Security Incident Update
Jul 30, 2020
You may have heard about a recent security incident regarding Appen. This security incident did not affect Appen Connect accounts (the platform you are on right now). It only affected accounts on the Appen Data Annotation Platform (ADAP), which was formerly known as the Figure Eight / CrowdFlower platform.

For those with accounts on ADAP, please note that your password is protected using industry standard encryption and hashing methods, but as an added precaution we recommend changing your password associated with the platform and any other accounts that might be using the same password. Your password will force reset in next few days if action is not taken immediately.

For more information, please visit this FAQ.

Please note: if you do not already have an ADAP account the FAQ link may not open"
Collapse

Marina Taffetani
Marina Taffetani  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 04:57
Member (2013)
German to Italian
+ ...
Ouch! Aug 14, 2020

Thanks for the heads up. Looks like my account wasn't affected, but I changed my password anyway. Not being notified by Appen about this data breach is extremely annoying to say the least. I have to say I've never liked the company's approach, and I never worked with them after signing up because they pay peanuts.

For those who don't s
... See more
Thanks for the heads up. Looks like my account wasn't affected, but I changed my password anyway. Not being notified by Appen about this data breach is extremely annoying to say the least. I have to say I've never liked the company's approach, and I never worked with them after signing up because they pay peanuts.

For those who don't speak German, you can find some info here: https://www.tomsguide.com/news/shinyhunters-breach-giveaway
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Big data leakage at Appen / Datenleck bei Appen (Australien) aufgedeckt

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »