Pasquale Capo
Pasquale Capo  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 08:50
Member (2002)
English to Italian
+ ...
Nov 14, 2020

Just received an email from Proz.com non registered party offering a translation of 34 pages about EU. the writer proposes to send me a 50% payment through certified check before I start the work. The scammer is after your bank details. Do not fall for this one.

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 13:50
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

SITE LOCALIZER
Please post here Nov 14, 2020

the email address and IP from the email so that they could be blocked, otherwise your warning is unefficient.

Thank you

Liviu-Lee Roth
Yolanda Broad
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
satish krishna itikela

Liviu-Lee Roth
Liviu-Lee Roth
United States
Local time: 08:50
Romanian to English
+ ...
no Nov 14, 2020

Pasquale Capo wrote:

Just received an email from Proz.com non registered party offering a translation of 34 pages about EU. the writer proposes to send me a 50% payment through certified check before I start the work. The scammer is after your bank details. Do not fall for this one.

No, the scammer is not after your bank details, he is after your MONEY (overpayment scam).

achisholm
Michele Fauble
Walter Landesman
expressisverbis
Jorge Payan
Yolanda Broad
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Fake job offer

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »