I can't create a new project or add files to an old one.
Thread poster: Louise TAYLOR
Louise TAYLOR
Louise TAYLOR  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 11:13
French to English
Apr 16, 2019

Good evening,
I am using SDL Trados Studio 2019

A client has sent me some new files 2 PDFs and 2 word documents. I have tried several times to create a new project and also to add these files to an old project for the same client.

In both cases I continue as normal but when the program starts the batch tasks to convert the files, it gets to about 25% and then shuts down altogether.

On the times I have tried to create a new project the project folder
... See more
Good evening,
I am using SDL Trados Studio 2019

A client has sent me some new files 2 PDFs and 2 word documents. I have tried several times to create a new project and also to add these files to an old project for the same client.

In both cases I continue as normal but when the program starts the batch tasks to convert the files, it gets to about 25% and then shuts down altogether.

On the times I have tried to create a new project the project folder is created with the source language files, and one SDLXLIFF file for the first document, but nothing else. I can't see the project in my list of projects but can search with the browser. If I try again I have to create a new project name.

When I have tried to add files to another project for that client then the same happens in the source language file for that project. I can't see them in Trados but they are in my files.

I thought it had worked by adding a single file to an existing project but that closed the program down as well and when I reopen it the file is not in the project's file listings, even though it appears in the file when I search the browser.

Can anyone help with this?

Thank you
Collapse

Louise TAYLOR
Louise TAYLOR  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 11:13
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
Uninstall and reinstall - done Apr 16, 2019

I have tried a complete reinstall but still have the same problem

[Edited at 2019-04-16 17:50 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

I can't create a new project or add files to an old one.

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »