Marta Karchnakova  Identity Verified
Slovakia
Local time: 10:03
Slovak to English
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Apr 17, 2019

Hi,

I used Trados Studio 2017 Freelance to perform a translation of a word document contained with a TM in a package. The job was also to check 100% and CM and correct if necessary. Once finished, I saved the changes. Before the delivery to the client, a colleague was ready to proofread my translation using the xliff file of the project (she uses Trados 2019 Professional), however, we were puzzled to see that the changes I had made to 100% and CM simply were not there in the xliff
... See more
Hi,

I used Trados Studio 2017 Freelance to perform a translation of a word document contained with a TM in a package. The job was also to check 100% and CM and correct if necessary. Once finished, I saved the changes. Before the delivery to the client, a colleague was ready to proofread my translation using the xliff file of the project (she uses Trados 2019 Professional), however, we were puzzled to see that the changes I had made to 100% and CM simply were not there in the xliff file that I sent to her. My newly translated segments appeared correctly.

In the second attempt, I made changes to "my segments", saved the file and sent the xliff file to my colleague. This time, not even changes to my segments were visible. I suspected that there was something about the way she uploaded the xliff that affected the text she was seeing. To my surprise, it was the restarting my Trados that helped deliver the file with correct content to her. In the meantime, she did nothing with her Trados.

I find it a bit disturbing that changes I make to segments may not be correctly saved in xliffs (and subsequently in return packages?), especially if I do not have my colleague edit/proofread my work each time. How is this happening and what can I actually do to avoid such situations in future?

[Modificato alle 2019-04-17 11:59 GMT]

[Modificato alle 2019-04-17 12:00 GMT]
Collapse

Heinrich Pesch
Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 11:03
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Hard to reproduce Apr 17, 2019

But you could send her the Export to bilingual Review, let her do the proofing and import the changed file.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2017 not saving changes to xliff

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »