How can I revert to previous versions of my SDL Groupshare server project files?
Thread poster: Fredrik Pettersson
Fredrik Pettersson
Fredrik Pettersson  Identity Verified
Hong Kong
Local time: 03:35
Member (2009)
English to Swedish
+ ...
Feb 21, 2021

I had translated around 9 percent on this big project when I suddenly the next minute saw how it had changed to 95 percent. I checked the confirmed MTPE segments, and they still were unedited. Perhaps I mistakenly pressed some shortcut combination and had almost all remaining segments batch confirmed.

I stopped after this, and noted the time this happened and reported to my customer, asking if they could revert back to a previous version. I will see if they reply tomorrow Monday mor
... See more
I had translated around 9 percent on this big project when I suddenly the next minute saw how it had changed to 95 percent. I checked the confirmed MTPE segments, and they still were unedited. Perhaps I mistakenly pressed some shortcut combination and had almost all remaining segments batch confirmed.

I stopped after this, and noted the time this happened and reported to my customer, asking if they could revert back to a previous version. I will see if they reply tomorrow Monday morning. Each time I save, the files get saved to their server, but shouldn't there be backups of previous versions on their server?

Or is there any other way of reverting back to a previous version of each file?

I could use the original files and have them translated from the translation memory perhaps.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How can I revert to previous versions of my SDL Groupshare server project files?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »