Typing Assistant by Sumit Soft - restoring learned terms?
Thread poster: Peter Zauner
Peter Zauner
Peter Zauner  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 02:34
Member (2010)
German to English
+ ...

Jul 17, 2020

Hi all,

I wanted to see if anyone has experience with Typing Assistant by Summit Software and might be able to answer my question.
I have used it for several years (mostly in combination with Across) and I really like it. It does a good job in reducing the need for typing letters and achieves a considerable speed gain. It also learns, so the more one uses it, the better the hit rate gets.
I am using version 9.0 on an expired trial version that continues to function.
... See more
Hi all,

I wanted to see if anyone has experience with Typing Assistant by Summit Software and might be able to answer my question.
I have used it for several years (mostly in combination with Across) and I really like it. It does a good job in reducing the need for typing letters and achieves a considerable speed gain. It also learns, so the more one uses it, the better the hit rate gets.
I am using version 9.0 on an expired trial version that continues to function.
After a recent Windows update, I am faced with the situation that Typing Assistant appears to have forgotten all terms that it had learned. I looked through the ‘Typing Assistant 9.0’ folder tree in ‘Program Files’ hoping to find a database file or similar that has these entries store but didn’t find anything that looked like a candidate. The ‘modified dates’ of the files that were most recently updated are ages ago.

I never investigated if and how the learned terms can be backed up and this is biting me now.

Is there a way of restoring learned terms?

I would be grateful for any hints.

Regards,

Peter
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Typing Assistant by Sumit Soft - restoring learned terms?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »