Thread poster: French Foodie
French Foodie
French Foodie  Identity Verified
Local time: 08:21
French to English
+ ...
Jan 26, 2013

Hello

I have been working on a large project for the past few days. I "approve" each translated segment as I go. Today, I noticed a segment I had translated a few days ago did not show a match, nor did it show up when I did a concordance search.
A few days ago, I had to delete the SwordfishIII.xml file - did this delete all my previously approved translations as well??
Or perhaps I am not doing something correctly when converting my files (I notice a box you can tick tha
... See more
Hello

I have been working on a large project for the past few days. I "approve" each translated segment as I go. Today, I noticed a segment I had translated a few days ago did not show a match, nor did it show up when I did a concordance search.
A few days ago, I had to delete the SwordfishIII.xml file - did this delete all my previously approved translations as well??
Or perhaps I am not doing something correctly when converting my files (I notice a box you can tick that says "store translations" - should I be ticking that?).
Many thanks in advance
Mara
Collapse

Rodolfo Raya
Rodolfo Raya  Identity Verified
Local time: 04:21
English to Spanish
Databases selected Jan 26, 2013

Make sure that the database that contains the entry is selected in the concordance search dialog.

Databases used for TM matches are independent from concordance search. You have to enable them in the corresponding dialogues.

Regards,
Rodolfo

French Foodie
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
database is selected Jan 27, 2013

Thank you for your quick reply, Rodolfo
The database is selected in the concordance search, and it still won't find the terms I translated last week. I thought perhaps I might have translated them into the wrong database, but I searched for the terms in each and every one of the databases and they are not there.

French Foodie
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
add translation Jan 28, 2013

Do I have to check the "add translation" box every time I convert a file to xlff?
Does this mean if I didn't do that, all the previous documents I translated have not been added to the database?

Rodolfo Raya
English to Spanish
Meaning of "Add Translation" Jan 28, 2013

Hi,

"Add Translations" means: search translations in selected databases and add them to the new XLIFF document.

If you have a write-enabed database, your translations will be automatically stored in the selected database when you approve a segment.

Regards,
Rodolfo

French Foodie
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
write-enabled Jan 28, 2013

Thanks Rodolfo
I must have forgotten to write-enable the database then, because none of my previously translated docs are in the database, and I know I had approved all the segments.
Is aligning the translations and importing them the only solution?

Rodolfo Raya
English to Spanish
Export as TMX Jan 28, 2013

Use the option "Export File as TMX" from File menu to export your translated XLIFF files as TMX and then import all TMX files into your databases. Use the slow import option to avoid storing duplicates.

Regards,
Rodolfo

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maya Gorgoshidze[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

translated segment not in concordance

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »