Michael Harris  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 13:14
Member (2006)
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
The same happening with me now Mar 15, 2021

Pavel Slama wrote:

Mine started crashing a lot more after this last update. It won’t even start, gets stuck in “Initializing views”. If I disconnect the internet, though, everything starts working fine, it seems. So my working theory is that Trados requires a stable internet connection – unlike the one I have at the moment – to do stuff that does not need any internet. Which sucks, because one of the reasons I refuse to work via many agency on-line platforms is that I can peacefully work on the train and suchlike with my safely off-line Trados.

Just after reading this, I had to start my trados again and low and behold, it is also stuck at “Initializing views”! And I have a stable high speed internet connection.

I was always fed up of problems with Across, but trados is slowly starting to annoy me as well

Eric MARRET
Eric MARRET  Identity Verified
France
English to French
SDL forum - Apps Mar 15, 2021

Hi Michael,

Sorry to hear you're having troubles, I know it's so frustrating/annoying.

My Trados is working fine but at a time when I had some issues, I went to the SDL forums (where SDL will surely be quicker to help) and I remember reading some threads mentioning some compatibility problems with some apps.

So if I came across an issue like yours, I would uninstall Studio, and then reinstall it without adding any app from the Appstore.
Then try to o
... See more
Hi Michael,

Sorry to hear you're having troubles, I know it's so frustrating/annoying.

My Trados is working fine but at a time when I had some issues, I went to the SDL forums (where SDL will surely be quicker to help) and I remember reading some threads mentioning some compatibility problems with some apps.

So if I came across an issue like yours, I would uninstall Studio, and then reinstall it without adding any app from the Appstore.
Then try to open an old known good (non crashing) project and see how it goes.

If it doesn't help, I suppose you'll find more valuable information in the SDL forum.

Hope this will help
Collapse

Lorenzo Bermejo
Lorenzo Bermejo
English to Spanish
+ ...
Revo Uninstall Mar 15, 2021

Hi Mark,
I'd recommend you did a complete uninstall of all the SDL Suite with Revo Uninstall (freeware). Then do a new install.
My Studio 2021 works OK and doesn't crash at all, so I'd think it is a bit tricky to blame the application.
Good luck.

Lorenzo Bermejo
Lorenzo Bermejo
English to Spanish
+ ...
Michael, not Mark Mar 15, 2021

I got your name mixed up.

Michael Harris
Germany
Member (2006)
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Ridiculous Apr 20, 2021

This is really bad.
After having a bit of peace and quite, the problem is back again.
I thought that the last update should have sorted this problem out!
It is soooooo annoying!

Michael Harris
Germany
Member (2006)
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Screenshot Apr 21, 2021

I have received the following screenshot before my trados crashed, any ideas?

Fehlermeldung

[Edited at 2021-04-21 08:50 GMT]

Frank van Overveld
Frank van Overveld
Netherlands
English to Dutch
+ ...
Same May 25, 2021

Michael Harris wrote:

Fehlermeldung

I get this every once in a while as well.

Also Trados 2021 shuts down without warning on my computer. Autosave set to 2 minutes.

It especially happens when opening multiple files at the same time.

What a scam. I paid a lot of money for a broken product. Shameful, no customer support.

[Edited at 2021-05-25 09:42 GMT]

Michael Harris
Yossi Rozenman
Bethany Bernardo
Luca Tutino

Michael Harris
Germany
Member (2006)
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Hi Frank May 25, 2021

Frank van Overveld wrote:

Michael Harris wrote:

Fehlermeldung

I get this every once in a while as well.

Also Trados 2021 shuts down without warning on my computer. Autosave set to 2 minutes.

It especially happens when opening multiple files at the same time.

What a scam. I paid a lot of money for a broken product. Shameful, no customer support.

[Edited at 2021-05-25 09:42 GMT]

I also deleted loads of files from my hard disk thinking it might be a memory issue, but that did not help either. I also find it a bit of a cheak that trados leaves their problem solving to other people as I have posted this on their support site.

I have tried the upgrade suggested by sombody else. That did help for a while and then it began again, all time consuming!!

Yossi Rozenman
Yossi Rozenman  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2006)
English to Hebrew
+ ...
Studio 2021 Crashes are getting worse+ May 27, 2021

Not only that Studio crashes several times a day, sometimes after it crashes all the projects disappear from the projects list, and the project that I was working on cannot be opened anymore.
I have to re-create the project and copy the target language files from the old project to the new one (at least the translated files can be re-used).

What a waste of time and money!

I really recommend anyone considering buying Studio 2021 not to do that.

Michael Harris
Germany
Member (2006)
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Multiterm Jun 7, 2021

Still having huge problems with this. One of my customers mentioned that Multiterm could be the cause.
After deactivating mutiterm, it seems to be okay. I wil update here if that was or could have been the problem.

Emile GOOSSENS

Yossi Rozenman
Germany
Member (2006)
English to Hebrew
+ ...
Disabling "Enable LookAhead" helped a bit Jun 7, 2021

Disabling "Enable LookAhead" (as suggested here or in another thread) under File -> Options -> Editor -> Automation helped a bit.

Sandra & Kenneth Grossman
Sandra & Kenneth Grossman  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 14:14
French to English
+ ...
Well... Jun 9, 2021

Yossi Rozenman wrote:

Disabling "Enable LookAhead" (as suggested here or in another thread) under File -> Options -> Editor -> Automation helped a bit.

Hi Yossi,
In the best of cases, Trados will crash less, but its functionality will be significantly impaired by failing to provide TM matches.
Same as the suggestion to turn off MultiTerm.

In fact, it does not make any difference if the project is somehow deleted in the list of active projects. Simply clicking on the target language .sdlxliff file will create a new project at that location and nothing will be lost.
I did this many times.
Set the autosave time for frequent saves.

HTH,
Sandra

Michael Harris
Germany
Member (2006)
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
HI Sandra Jun 9, 2021

Sandra & Kenneth Grossman wrote:

Yossi Rozenman wrote:

Hi Yossi,
In the best of cases, Trados will crash less, but its functionality will be significantly impaired by failing to provide TM matches.

In fact, it does not make any difference if the project is somehow deleted in the list of active projects. Simply clicking on the target language .sdlxliff file will create a new project at that location and nothing will be lost.
I did this many times.
Set the autosave time for frequent saves.

HTH,
Sandra

You are completely right there, but in my case, this affects only a few files and before I spend ages restarting trados several times, I switch off Multiterm and activate it again with the next project.
I will not deactivate "Enable LookAhead" if only deactivating Multiterm does the job.
As mentioned before, it is a shame that Trados does not check these forums as I have also mentioned this on their site as well.

Michael

Yossi Rozenman
Germany
Member (2006)
English to Hebrew
+ ...
Totally agree Jun 9, 2021

SDL released a half-baked product. Really annoying.

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 15:14
English to Russian
Why? Jun 9, 2021

You don't need MultiTerm to add, edit, and remove terms or attach termbases to Trados projects. You only need it if you are a terminologist and you really need all MultiTerm features.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2021 keeps on crashing

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »