Custom/Irregular XML Tag Driving Me Crazy (SDL Studio Professional 2014)
Thread poster: ATB Translation
ATB Translation
ATB Translation
Türkiye
English to Turkish
+ ...
Apr 25, 2021

Dear All,
Recently I had to take on a translation project comprising of several small-to-middle sized XML files.
I successfully imported and created my own XML parser and it works like a charm!... I had to disable the default Any XML parser for this.
However one specific/custom (irregular?) tag drives me crazy.
I want the XML containing this tag to be segmented before or after the tag (Doesn't matter).
Since it contains a question mark after the opening angle brack
... See more
Dear All,
Recently I had to take on a translation project comprising of several small-to-middle sized XML files.
I successfully imported and created my own XML parser and it works like a charm!... I had to disable the default Any XML parser for this.
However one specific/custom (irregular?) tag drives me crazy.
I want the XML containing this tag to be segmented before or after the tag (Doesn't matter).
Since it contains a question mark after the opening angle bracket and before the closing angle bracket, I cannot add it to xml parser I created. XML parser object to it (Probably because of ? character).
Tag is like "".
Generally this tag is preceeded by a period (.) character.
The XML parser I developed treats this specific tag as "always translateable" and "inline" IN THE RESULTANT TEXT, so it always connects any preceeding and following sentences, messing up our TM.
In another attempt to solve this annoying problem, I tried to create a segmentation rule for it, it fails again miserably. It messes up all (default) punctuation segmentation rules and ends up a very fragmented SLDXLIFF file.
Probably I lack the regular expressions skill needed for this.

Now I manually "split" the segments at that point. However, sometimes studio crashes because of this and I lose some translation segments.

Any ideas?
TIA, Stay Safe and Healthy.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Custom/Irregular XML Tag Driving Me Crazy (SDL Studio Professional 2014)

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »