Ivana Bojcic
Ivana Bojcic  Identity Verified
Croatia
Member (2011)
German to Croatian
+ ...
Nov 1, 2018

Dearest colleagues,

I must find a new way to track the projects and costs for my external translators. Is there any simple software? (Except Excel tables, which I avoid+ hate). And please don't recommend Plunet and similar, I hate those

Thanks!

William Tierney
William Tierney  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 20:02
Member (2002)
Arabic to English
Baccs Nov 1, 2018

I had Projetex for a number of years, then switched to Baccs, which comes with the Plus Subscription to Proz. It is ten times better than anything I have used before, to include Quickbooks. The developer, Eugene, is very responsive to support requests and ideas. I am still exploring how I can get the full benefit from this excellent program.

ahartje

Volodymyr Kukharenko
Volodymyr Kukharenko
Ukraine
Local time: 02:02
English to Ukrainian
+ ...
Protemos Nov 15, 2018

You may check https://protemos.com/ as option

Enrique Manzo

Richmond Píper Richie
Richmond Píper Richie
Slovakia
Local time: 01:02
Online app Flantie Dec 5, 2018

Dear translators,

I am not a translator, proofreader or interpreter, but I am working closely with translation companies and freelancers.

Countless discussions with translators and proofreaders about their needs and requirements gave us the idea to create an online project management app that would make creating new projects as quick as possible and keeping track of deadlines as easy as possible (notifications, overviews...).

We managed to finish the Flanti
... See more
Dear translators,

I am not a translator, proofreader or interpreter, but I am working closely with translation companies and freelancers.

Countless discussions with translators and proofreaders about their needs and requirements gave us the idea to create an online project management app that would make creating new projects as quick as possible and keeping track of deadlines as easy as possible (notifications, overviews...).

We managed to finish the Flantie app recently and it is available absolutelyy free of charge for anyone for several months. Later on you'll be able to switch to PRO version (for a fee), but if you decide to stick with the free version, it won't affect your ability to use the app drastically (PRO version will give you access to the advanced statistics, cloud storage, exporting and importing data, ability to customize the app even further, etc.). Flantie app is absolutely easy to use, but should you need help or advice (or even if you'd like to ask for a specific feature you want to see in the app), you can contact Flantie support any time.

More information about Flantie can be found at www.flantie.com

Feel free to try it out!
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

External translators budget and cost tracking

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »