How can I get an ISO 1700 education certificate?
Thread poster: Lioba Multer
Lioba Multer
Lioba Multer  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 01:03
English to German
+ ...
Feb 27, 2019

I need it to apply for an online (EN - GE) translation opportunity.

Lisette Vogler-Chase
Lisette Vogler-Chase  Identity Verified
Bulgaria
Local time: 10:03
Member (2013)
English to German
+ ...
I believe the job poster means ISO 17100:2015 Feb 28, 2019

I may have received the same invitation for a job yesterday, asking for an ISO 1700 certificate. I believe the job poster actually means ISO 17100:2015. See here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_17100:2015. Just google that and you will find plenty of companies offering certification schemes for that standard. I just sent the job poster my translation diplomas.

Lioba Multer
Lioba Multer  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 01:03
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Education certificate (ISO 1700) Feb 28, 2019

Thank you for the information!

Jorge Payan
Jorge Payan  Identity Verified
Colombia
Local time: 03:03
Member (2002)
German to Spanish
+ ...
ISO 17100 certification is for companies (LSPs), not for individual translators Mar 1, 2019

Lisette Vogler-Chase wrote:

I may have received the same invitation for a job yesterday, asking for an ISO 1700 certificate. I believe the job poster actually means ISO 17100:2015. See here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_17100:2015. Just google that and you will find plenty of companies offering certification schemes for that standard. I just sent the job poster my translation diplomas.

Correct me if I am wrong, but a freelancer cannot get certified for ISO 17100. In fact, I have worked several times in the past for companies certified for ISO 17100, and they just asked me if I was in agreement with following the procedures and workflow dictated by it.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How can I get an ISO 1700 education certificate?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »