Recommendations Dictionary of law German English / English German and textbooks on legal drafting
Thread poster: Anna Denzel (X)
Anna Denzel (X)
Anna Denzel (X)  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 10:52
English to German
Feb 17, 2020

Good evening!

I am looking for a good (text)book on legal translation / legal drafting (German / English) and bilingual dictionary of law (German English / English German). Can you recommend anything?

Thank you!

Kevin Fulton
Kevin Fulton  Identity Verified
United States
German to English
A few suggestions Feb 19, 2020

Since no one has responded to this so far, I'll offer a few bilingual dictionary suggestions. (please note, I don't specialize in legal translation).
Dietl/Lorenz, Dictionary of Legal, Commercial and Political Terms / Wörterbuch für Recht, Wirtschaft und Politik. Two volumes: Englisch-Deutsch and German English

Romain/Byrd/Thielecke, Wörterbuch der Rechts- und Wirtschaftssprache / Dictionary of Legal and Commercial Terms Two volumes: Englisch-Deutsch and German-English
... See more
Since no one has responded to this so far, I'll offer a few bilingual dictionary suggestions. (please note, I don't specialize in legal translation).
Dietl/Lorenz, Dictionary of Legal, Commercial and Political Terms / Wörterbuch für Recht, Wirtschaft und Politik. Two volumes: Englisch-Deutsch and German English

Romain/Byrd/Thielecke, Wörterbuch der Rechts- und Wirtschaftssprache / Dictionary of Legal and Commercial Terms Two volumes: Englisch-Deutsch and German-English

One I've also found useful:
Hamblock/Wessels Großwörterbuch Wirtschaftsenglisch 6th edition. There may be a companion volume in the other direction.

I don't know whether these are still available. You might check Kater-Verlag for other resources
Collapse

Anna Denzel (X)
Anna Denzel (X)  Identity Verified
United States
English to German
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Feb 19, 2020

Thanks so much. I will definitely look them up and see if they are (still) available. I have found a Magisterarbeit from Uni Wien comparing different legal dictionaries. If anyone is interested, this is the link

http://othes.univie.ac.at/23282/

Danke nochmals, dass Sie Erbarmen mit mir hatten und geantwortet haben

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Recommendations Dictionary of law German English / English German and textbooks on legal drafting

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »