Wordfast Classic 7.24 does not install, but 6.99 does - "Compile error in hidden module: M1"
Thread poster: Benkyo
Benkyo
Benkyo
Japan
Local time: 08:42
Japanese to English
Dec 27, 2018

The installation guide was followed, and install of 6.99 works fine, so the problem does not appear to be user error.

Windows 10, Japanese OS
Word 2010

Install attempts made with Wordfast file directly from c:/ directory based on some other forum post that suggested Asian character sets might be an issue, but of course this is c:¥ for a Japanese OS.

All security errors are avoided, but the install does not happen automatically, and upon pressing Ctr
... See more
The installation guide was followed, and install of 6.99 works fine, so the problem does not appear to be user error.

Windows 10, Japanese OS
Word 2010

Install attempts made with Wordfast file directly from c:/ directory based on some other forum post that suggested Asian character sets might be an issue, but of course this is c:¥ for a Japanese OS.

All security errors are avoided, but the install does not happen automatically, and upon pressing Ctrl+Alt+W, the error message appears:

"Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications
Compile error in hidden module: M1
This error typically occurs due to incompatibility between code and application version, platform, or architecture."

The same error also occurs for version 7.23.

Hope you can help, or at least that the difference between 6 and 7 can be identified for future releases.
Collapse

neilmac
neilmac
Spain
Local time: 00:42
Spanish to English
+ ...
No expert, but Dec 27, 2018

I know that there is a degree of incompatibility between WFC and versions of Windows issued later than 2010, at least as far as working with Excel goes. I'm afraid I can't help you with the installation issue though, but I expect someone more knowledgeable will appear soon with a solution.

Jean Lachaud
Jean Lachaud  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 19:42
English to French
+ ...
Contact Tech Support Dec 27, 2018

This is an issue for the Hotline.

Contact them at: https://www.wordfast.net/?go=aftersale&lang=engb

Jean Lachaud
Jean Lachaud  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 19:42
English to French
+ ...
No ")" in the URL Dec 27, 2018

I don't understand why an "(" inserts itself in the URL. I've tried editing it out, and it comes back when I click "Post Reply."

Please make sure the URL is correct in your browser.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast Classic 7.24 does not install, but 6.99 does - "Compile error in hidden module: M1"

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »