n_matatko
n_matatko
Austria
Local time: 12:52
English to German
+ ...
Jan 11, 2019

Hi!
I am working on an MTPE job for a client. The client supplied a txml with matches from the TM (high fuzzies, shown in yellow) and MT matches (shown in a brownish orange). Now every time I confirm a segment and jump to the next one (with the usual shortcut of Alt + down arrow), the TM overwrites the already visible MT match with a fuzzy from the TM. I already set the TM threshold for fuzzies to 40%, but WF still automatically changes the text to fuzzy matches as low as 59%. This is ham
... See more
Hi!
I am working on an MTPE job for a client. The client supplied a txml with matches from the TM (high fuzzies, shown in yellow) and MT matches (shown in a brownish orange). Now every time I confirm a segment and jump to the next one (with the usual shortcut of Alt + down arrow), the TM overwrites the already visible MT match with a fuzzy from the TM. I already set the TM threshold for fuzzies to 40%, but WF still automatically changes the text to fuzzy matches as low as 59%. This is hampering translation, because the TM is sometimes really outdated and the machine does a better job at translating. I'd prefer to work on the MT match. Has anybody else had this problem and does anybody know how to fix this? I can Alt +Z the MT translation back into my segment, but that takes precious seconds in a really long file.

EDIT: Nevermind, after days of trying out various settings, I finally found out that my reasoning was wrong. Setting the fuzzy matches to 90% did the trick. Leaving this here in case someone else needs it.

[Edited at 2019-01-12 08:47 GMT]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

WF3: TM overwriting MT matches

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »