Thread poster: Comunican
Comunican
Comunican
United Kingdom
Local time: 14:19
Spanish to English
+ ...
Feb 7, 2019

I'm going to be travelling and would like to use Wordfast Anywhere on my iPad. I've tried it out and it works but is a bit clunky especially as there is no "alt" key on the iPad. Does anyone know how I can simulate Alt+ Down please so that I can move more fluidly through the document?
Many thanks.

Philippe Locquet
Philippe Locquet  Identity Verified
Portugal
English to French
+ ...
Custom Shortcuts Feb 7, 2019

Comunican wrote:

I'm going to be travelling and would like to use Wordfast Anywhere on my iPad. I've tried it out and it works but is a bit clunky especially as there is no "alt" key on the iPad. Does anyone know how I can simulate Alt+ Down please so that I can move more fluidly through the document?
Many thanks.

Hi,

If you get to it before you're travelling, I suggest you change your shortcuts to suit your use and test them before you go:
Go to Wordfast Anywhere Tab/Setup/shortcuts.
From there you can remove some keys or key combination from other functions to add them to the drop-down list to have more available. You can then assign those you want to use for the actions required.

To navigate between segments, you can also go to the view tab and select Show/hide outline. This will bring out a "ladder" with all documents' segments numbers (even across blocks). You can just tap it to open a segment (doesn't allow you to save your segment obviously).

Another option is to enable the segment toolbar (Wordfast Anywhere Tab/Setup/tick) that brings those buttons right above your current segment so you can tap them (if you have enough screen real-estate). You can also customize which buttons are available there and in which order (Wordfast Anywhere Tab/Setup/Pandora's box/16).

Hope this helps,

My bests

Comunican
Comunican
United Kingdom
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Enable the segment toolbar did the trick Feb 8, 2019

Fi2 n Co wrote:

Another option is to enable the segment toolbar (Wordfast Anywhere Tab/Setup/tick) that brings those buttons right above your current segment so you can tap them (if you have enough screen real-estate). You can also customize which buttons are available there and in which order (Wordfast Anywhere Tab/Setup/Pandora's box/16).

This was the option that worked on my iPad.

Thank you so much Fi2 n Co, you are always such a help with Wordfast matters. I much appreciate it!

Philippe Locquet
Philippe Locquet  Identity Verified
Portugal
English to French
+ ...
You're welcome Feb 8, 2019

Comunican wrote:

Fi2 n Co wrote:

This was the option that worked on my iPad.

Thank you so much Fi2 n Co, you are always such a help with Wordfast matters. I much appreciate it!

My pleasure!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Keyboard shortcuts when using Wf Anywhere on an iPad

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »