Wordfast Classic 7.26 version - Problems with fuzzy matching recognition?
Thread poster: mapma
mapma
mapma
Portugal
Mar 3, 2019

I´m using the last version of Wordfast Classic (version 7.26, released at 20 Feb 2019) and it seems that the program is not finding fuzzy matches properly. I can give an example. I´m translating from english to portuguese and I´m using a translation memory with the following source segments:
“The book is on the table”
“The cat is under the table”
“The pencil is on the table”
When I try to translate the segment “The cat is on the table” using Wordfast Cl
... See more
I´m using the last version of Wordfast Classic (version 7.26, released at 20 Feb 2019) and it seems that the program is not finding fuzzy matches properly. I can give an example. I´m translating from english to portuguese and I´m using a translation memory with the following source segments:
“The book is on the table”
“The cat is under the table”
“The pencil is on the table”
When I try to translate the segment “The cat is on the table” using Wordfast Classic 7.26 version, the program can´t find any fuzzy match. The same happens with Wordfast Classic 7.25 version. However, if I use Wordfast Classic 6.99 version the program finds 3 fuzzy matches with rates of 81%, 80% and 75%.
Does anyone knows if there´s any problem with versions 7.25 and 7.26?
Collapse

Jean Lachaud
Jean Lachaud  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 20:58
English to French
+ ...
This is a beta version Mar 4, 2019

As you know, the version in question is a beta, not a public version. Any questions related to beta versions should be asked on the Wordfast beta Yahoo Group list.

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 02:58
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Not a beta version Mar 4, 2019

Jean Lachaud wrote:
As you know, the version in question is a beta, not a public version.

The latest version listed on the WFC site (i.e. available to all users, not only beta testers, so presumably what you call the "public version") is Build 726, 20 Feb 2019.

Jean Lachaud
Jean Lachaud  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 20:58
English to French
+ ...
OK, then Mar 4, 2019

Ah well, my bad, then. I haven't looked at the public version in some time.

Samuel Murray wrote:

Jean Lachaud wrote:
As you know, the version in question is a beta, not a public version.

The latest version listed on the WFC site (i.e. available to all users, not only beta testers, so presumably what you call the "public version") is Build 726, 20 Feb 2019.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast Classic 7.26 version - Problems with fuzzy matching recognition?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »