Discussion for ProZ.com's 2014 virtual conference for International Translation Day session (2014): Machine Translation panel from a freelancer perspective
Tomas Mosler, DipTrans IoLET MCIL MITI
Tomas Mosler, DipTrans IoLET MCIL MITI  Identity Verified
捷克共和国
Local time: 13:54
正式会员 (自2008)
English英语译成Czech捷克语
SITE LOCALIZER
technical issue Sep 30, 2014

I wanted to submit a question, but I got the error "You don't have permission to access ajax_events.php on this server" (tried in several browsers). What does this mean? I was able to ask earlier, and apparently questions work for others. Thanks.

 
Ali Ottoman
Ali Ottoman  Identity Verified
土耳其
Local time: 14:54
English英语译成French法语
+ ...
Increased productivity Sep 30, 2014

I have been trying to use Fuency. I can't say it has dramatically improved my productivity. Especially when working with Turkish.
1. sentence structure differences seem to be the main problem.
2. difficulty with terminology and term base
3. Is it really worth the monthly cost?


 
Ali Ottoman
Ali Ottoman  Identity Verified
土耳其
Local time: 14:54
English英语译成French法语
+ ...
where to use MT and memories Sep 30, 2014

How much are MT and term bases useful for non technical non repetitive translations? As opposed to more literary translations?
Ali


 
Drew MacFadyen
Drew MacFadyen  Identity Verified
美国
Local time: 07:54
Spanish西班牙语译成English英语
+ ...
Tomas - strange bug Sep 30, 2014

That is something I have never encountered previously - would you be so kind as to submit a support request so that I can track/rectify the issue for you?

http://www.proz.com/support

Thank you

Drew


 
Michael Beijer
Michael Beijer  Identity Verified
英国
Local time: 12:54
会员
Dutch荷兰语
+ ...
Resize the Q&A box (next time)? Sep 30, 2014

Hi Drew,

Can you guys make that Q&A box a bit bigger next time? The ability to resize it (in width) would be great!

Michael


 


To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

本论坛的版主
Drew MacFadyen[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Discussion for ProZ.com's 2014 virtual conference for International Translation Day session (2014): Machine Translation panel from a freelancer perspective






CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
LinguaCore
AI Translation at Your Fingertips

The underlying LLM technology of LinguaCore offers AI translations of unprecedented quality. Quick and simple. Add a human linguistic review at the end for expert-level quality at a fraction of the cost and time.

More info »