Thread poster: marek tesina
marek tesina
marek tesina  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 03:25
English to Czech
+ ...
Jun 20, 2017

Hello dear colleagues, i hope you will be able to help me with my issue.
I've had no problem with the Find+Replace function, but starting yesterday I am not able to use it. I can see the field is open on the bottom of my screen where all of the icons of the open programs are, but I don't see it anywhere on the screen. It might be transparent/invisible, I have no idea. Does anyone have a solution to my problem? I can't work without it.
Thank you very much,
Marek

Epameinondas Soufleros
Epameinondas Soufleros  Identity Verified
Greece
Local time: 04:25
Member (2008)
English to Greek
+ ...
Edges of the screen Jun 20, 2017

Perhaps the edges of the dialog box are near the edges of the screen.

Try this:

1. Press Alt+Tab till you get the Find & Replace dialog in focus (the “active window”, as it is called).

2. Press Win+Home so that all but the active window are minimized.

3. Have a good look near the edges of the screen.

If you see anything that resembles the edges/borders of a window, grab it and bring it to the c
... See more
Perhaps the edges of the dialog box are near the edges of the screen.

Try this:

1. Press Alt+Tab till you get the Find & Replace dialog in focus (the “active window”, as it is called).

2. Press Win+Home so that all but the active window are minimized.

3. Have a good look near the edges of the screen.

If you see anything that resembles the edges/borders of a window, grab it and bring it to the centre of the screen.
Collapse

marek tesina
marek tesina  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
No luck Jun 20, 2017

Dear Epameinondas,

thank you for your help, unfortunately it did not solve my problem. I've actually tried this before as it occured to me that the dialog box might be somewhere on the edge, but no, I can't see it there. The funny thing is I can use the function Find+Replace by just hitting the Ctrl+F, then inserting the searched term by Ctrl+V and hitting Enter. I just don't see the dialog box, which is quite annoying. I am sure it is some silly thing I did unintentionally and no I
... See more
Dear Epameinondas,

thank you for your help, unfortunately it did not solve my problem. I've actually tried this before as it occured to me that the dialog box might be somewhere on the edge, but no, I can't see it there. The funny thing is I can use the function Find+Replace by just hitting the Ctrl+F, then inserting the searched term by Ctrl+V and hitting Enter. I just don't see the dialog box, which is quite annoying. I am sure it is some silly thing I did unintentionally and no I don't know how to amke it right.
Anyway, thanks again for you help.
Marek
Collapse

Ben Senior
Ben Senior  Identity Verified
Germany
German to English
Try this Jun 20, 2017

The windows sometime disappear if you have been using dual monitors and have closed the application down with the window on the screen that is no longer connected.

Try holding down the Shift key and right click on the icon in the Task Bar. In the context menu that appears select Move and then using the arrow keys or moving your mouse try to bring the window back onto the screen.

Have you tried resetting the windows layout in Studio?

Ben

[Edited at 20
... See more
The windows sometime disappear if you have been using dual monitors and have closed the application down with the window on the screen that is no longer connected.

Try holding down the Shift key and right click on the icon in the Task Bar. In the context menu that appears select Move and then using the arrow keys or moving your mouse try to bring the window back onto the screen.

Have you tried resetting the windows layout in Studio?

Ben

[Edited at 2017-06-20 12:23 GMT]
Collapse

Natalia Pedrosa
Natalia Pedrosa
Spain
Member (2012)
English to Spanish
+ ...
You have to press find first Jun 21, 2017

Hello,

I just had the same problem this morning, and I've been told you have to go first to Find and the text is highlighted, then you can replace everything you like.

HTH.

N.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Troubles with Find+Replace function

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »