Jessica Franceschina
Jessica Franceschina
Wielka Brytania
Local time: 13:59
angielski > włoski
+ ...
Dec 7, 2016

Hi everyone,

I need to change the language for the comments of the Word Track Changes function and don't know how to do that.

I have everything in Italian on my laptop, but need to do this in English for my client.

Thanks for advising,

Jessica

Tony M
Tony M
Francja
Local time: 14:59
Członek ProZ.com
francuski > angielski
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Changing 'comment' language Dec 8, 2016

The 'comments' use a standard 'style', which can be edited like any other — so you just have to access that style, then change the 'language' attribute.

Jessica Franceschina
Jessica Franceschina
Wielka Brytania
Local time: 13:59
angielski > włoski
+ ...
NOWY TEMAT
How exactly? Dec 8, 2016

Thank you, Tony.

I've spent a lot of time trying to edit the 'style' but couldn't do it. Could you please tell me where to find that edit option?

Thanks,

Jessica

Tony M
Tony M
Francja
Local time: 14:59
Członek ProZ.com
francuski > angielski
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Here's how (Word XP) Dec 8, 2016

I'm using an old version of Word, so I don't know how it operates in more recent versions.

Here's what I have to do:

1) Place cursor within a comment

2) From 'Format' menu, select 'Styles and Formatting' — the S&F pane will open on right-hand side of screen, and in the 'Formatting of selected text' box you should see "Comment Text"

3) Right-click in this box, which will reveal a 'down' arrow 'v' on its right (Note: it might not be necessary t
... See more
I'm using an old version of Word, so I don't know how it operates in more recent versions.

Here's what I have to do:

1) Place cursor within a comment

2) From 'Format' menu, select 'Styles and Formatting' — the S&F pane will open on right-hand side of screen, and in the 'Formatting of selected text' box you should see "Comment Text"

3) Right-click in this box, which will reveal a 'down' arrow 'v' on its right (Note: it might not be necessary to right-click in order to see this!)

4) Click on the V to open a little drop-down menu, which includes the option 'Modify'; left-click on this to select the option, and then you will see a standard Modify Style window appear, where you can change all the attributes of that style — the 'Language' attributes can be found under the 'Fromat' button in the bottom left-hand corner.

When you click 'OK', your style will have been modified.

HTH
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Change language of the Track Changes function comment

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »