How do I migrate memoQ 2015 to my new PC?
Thread poster: TTilch
TTilch
TTilch  Identity Verified
Local time: 09:12
English to German
+ ...
Jun 21, 2017

Hi,

How do you migrate your memoQ 2015 license to a new PC?
I have bought a new computer and would like to move my license to this new PC.
Will uninstalling and reinstalling the software be sufficient or do I have to deactivate it first (like with SDL Trados Studio)?

Thank you for your help!

Best regards,

Tanja

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT
Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
No need to deactivate Jun 21, 2017

memoQ will check the license server from the new computer, as it happens when you upgrade to a new version, for instance. The license should be captured alright from the new computer, but in case of any difficulty, you should contact Kilgray for support. My advice is that you keep memoQ in the old machine until you have it running in the new one.

Mikhail Popov
Mikhail Popov
Montenegro
English to Russian
+ ...
Keep both Jun 21, 2017

Moreover, you can keep both installations at the same time. Just change the last 3 digits in your license code from 001 to 002. This is official.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How do I migrate memoQ 2015 to my new PC?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »