Thread poster: Lana Rachkovskaya
Lana Rachkovskaya
Lana Rachkovskaya  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:06
English to Russian
+ ...
Aug 8, 2018

Dear colleagues,

Since I do not use Wordast on a daily basis (I am more of a Studio and Memo-Q user), I have a basic question that I hope someone can help me with. Where does Wordfast store completed TMXL files? When I complete a project, I go to Save as, but it saves the file as a Copy. I just wonder where the original translation is saved, since I could not locate it it under wf_workspace folder (the project folder is there, but only project files are in it, not the TXML files or
... See more
Dear colleagues,

Since I do not use Wordast on a daily basis (I am more of a Studio and Memo-Q user), I have a basic question that I hope someone can help me with. Where does Wordfast store completed TMXL files? When I complete a project, I go to Save as, but it saves the file as a Copy. I just wonder where the original translation is saved, since I could not locate it it under wf_workspace folder (the project folder is there, but only project files are in it, not the TXML files or the TMs). The tutorial sort of misses this step and goes to saving your target.

Thank you so much in advance.

Kindest regards,

Lana
Collapse

John Daniel
John Daniel
Local time: 12:06
File -> Save Translated File Aug 8, 2018

Hi,

To generate target file you have to click File > Save Translated file.

TXML file is like SDLXLIFF bilingual file, to generate target file you need source file on your system as well.

Thank you,

John

Lana Rachkovskaya wrote:

Dear colleagues,

Since I do not use Wordast on a daily basis (I am more of a Studio and Memo-Q user), I have a basic question that I hope someone can help me with. Where does Wordfast store completed TMXL files? When I complete a project, I go to Save as, but it saves the file as a Copy. I just wonder where the original translation is saved, since I could not locate it it under wf_workspace folder (the project folder is there, but only project files are in it, not the TXML files or the TMs). The tutorial sort of misses this step and goes to saving your target.

Thank you so much in advance.

Kindest regards,

Lana

Daniel Frisano
Daniel Frisano  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 20:06
Member (2008)
English to Italian
+ ...
Not in the source file folder? Aug 8, 2018

I use Wordfast Pro 3.4.12. As soon as I save my imported *.docx file (simple save, Ctrl+S), a *.docx.txml file is created in the same folder of the original *.docx.

I can't find any option in the Edit > Preferences menu to change this behaviour. There is however an AutoSave option, set as default to .wf_workspace\AutoSave, that creates a file named Autosave_*.docx.txml:

Untitled-1

[Edited at 2018-08-09 00:08 GMT]

Lana Rachkovskaya
Lana Rachkovskaya  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:06
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you! Aug 10, 2018

Thank you so much for your helpful response on Autosave options, I will definitely change that.

Lana

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast Pro 3 - Storing / Saving TMXL Files

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »