Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
Looking to upgrade - what are good laptop system specs for translators and interpreters in 2021?
Thread poster: Adieu
Dominic D.
Dominic D.
Local time: 03:33
Serbian to Russian
+ ...
200 tabs? Mar 9, 2021

How can you find yourself around 200 tabs anyway? It seems to be sheer nonsense, but maybe I'm technologically backwarded (even though I've been using PCs since early childhood).

Are you also one of those people with a desktop extremely cluttered with icons, up to the last slot?

Tom in London

Dominic D.
Dominic D.
Local time: 03:33
Serbian to Russian
+ ...
New PC Apr 27, 2021

Update:

Just invested in this: https://www.ultrabookreview.com/41503-asus-zenbook-ux393ea-review/ - only with 16 GB RAM and i7 11th Gen - and can say that this machine FLIES with MemoQ, not to mention Trados. It's very visibly faster compared to my previous Surface Pro 2017 4GB RAM / i5 7th Gen. The keys also have very nice action, which is crucial in our p
... See more
Update:

Just invested in this: https://www.ultrabookreview.com/41503-asus-zenbook-ux393ea-review/ - only with 16 GB RAM and i7 11th Gen - and can say that this machine FLIES with MemoQ, not to mention Trados. It's very visibly faster compared to my previous Surface Pro 2017 4GB RAM / i5 7th Gen. The keys also have very nice action, which is crucial in our profession.
Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Looking to upgrade - what are good laptop system specs for translators and interpreters in 2021?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »