Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 01:44
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
There are some of them over there inn the net Nov 23, 2005

But I hope this one will do it for you. Please observe, that you will need Java installed on your PC and must confirm a security certificate to start the applet.

Regards
Jerzy

PS
It seems, that I found some better maps:
Here one for the inner city, and here
... See more
But I hope this one will do it for you. Please observe, that you will need Java installed on your PC and must confirm a security certificate to start the applet.

Regards
Jerzy

PS
It seems, that I found some better maps:
Here one for the inner city, and here one for the big city.

[Edited at 2005-11-23 15:35]
Collapse

Russell Jones
Russell Jones  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 00:44
Italian to English
Maporama Nov 23, 2005

has impressed me with its detail of Kraków:
http://www.maporama.com/share/Map.asp?SESSIONID={E6394B9D-ECC5-467B-9BD8-12F934F6C0FA}&ZoomSet=4

Stephanie Wloch
Stephanie Wloch  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Dutch to German
Change money - attention with commission Nov 24, 2005

I arrived yesterday, the hotel room is fine, personal is friendly.
Changing cash: I got less money in a bank (airport)because of a commission of 5%. I have seen a lot of kantor here near Rybek Glowna who change euro without commission.
The hotel is very far from the centrum (4km).
A taxi from the hotel to the city costs appr. 20 zloty.
If y
... See more
I arrived yesterday, the hotel room is fine, personal is friendly.
Changing cash: I got less money in a bank (airport)because of a commission of 5%. I have seen a lot of kantor here near Rybek Glowna who change euro without commission.
The hotel is very far from the centrum (4km).
A taxi from the hotel to the city costs appr. 20 zloty.
If you wanna walk be prepared that there is a lot of traffic (polluted air). The first little busstop on the right side: no direct bus to the centrum. Go further, on the left side (with a lot of kiosks) you will find the busstop for the 105 to the centrum. Ticket (kiosk) 2,50 Zloty and on the bus 3,- Zl.
See you this evening at 8 p.m. at the restauracja Pod Aniolami (Ulica Grodzka) which is easy to find.Byebye!
Collapse

Yves Champollion
Yves Champollion  Identity Verified
English to French
Help Warsaw - Karkow Nov 24, 2005

I will arrive today 24th in Warsaw airport at 20:25 following a flight change... if anybody is doing the Warsaw-Krakow trip I am ready to share troubles,expenses etc. and even more. Or else I would love any travel advice...
yves champollion
[email protected]

Jana Teteris wrote:

I am planning to attend the conference and have started looking into travel options. We're not spoilt for choice here in Riga, but LOT seem to have quite a reasonable offer, with the option of taking a connecting flight to Krakow.

Then again, Polish trains are wonderful, so I'd much prefer to take the train from Warsaw.

Am I right in thinking that the journey takes around 2.5 hours? Is the cost around 70 - 120 PLN?

Jana

Robert Zawadzki (X)
Robert Zawadzki (X)  Identity Verified
English to Polish
+ ...
I guess you better take a plane to Kraków. Nov 24, 2005

If you arrive in Warsaw after 8 p.m. you have two options a flight to Kraków

21.15 22.05 1 2 3 4 - 6 7 LO3909 LOT
22.50 23.40 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LO3911 LOT

or a night in Warsaw and a train at 6 a.m.

Wolfgang Jörissen
Wolfgang Jörissen  Identity Verified
Belize
Dutch to German
+ ...
Home safely Nov 28, 2005

Hi all!
This may not be "travel information" anymore, but I want to let all of you know how much I enjoyed the conference and meeting a bunch of great people. I got home safely on the night train and I am already back behind my desk. Hope to see as many of you as possible again in one way or another...

All the best,
Wolfgang

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

ProZ.com Conference Krakow 2005: TRAVEL INFO

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »