Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 14:09
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
There are some of them over there inn the net Nov 23, 2005

But I hope this one will do it for you. Please observe, that you will need Java installed on your PC and must confirm a security certificate to start the applet.

Regards
Jerzy

PS
It seems, that I found some better maps:
Here one for the inner city, and here
... See more
But I hope this one will do it for you. Please observe, that you will need Java installed on your PC and must confirm a security certificate to start the applet.

Regards
Jerzy

PS
It seems, that I found some better maps:
Here one for the inner city, and here one for the big city.

[Edited at 2005-11-23 15:35]
Collapse

Russell Jones
Russell Jones  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 13:09
Italian to English
Maporama Nov 23, 2005

has impressed me with its detail of Kraków:
http://www.maporama.com/share/Map.asp?SESSIONID={E6394B9D-ECC5-467B-9BD8-12F934F6C0FA}&ZoomSet=4

Stephanie Wloch
Stephanie Wloch  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Dutch to German
Change money - attention with commission Nov 24, 2005

I arrived yesterday, the hotel room is fine, personal is friendly.
Changing cash: I got less money in a bank (airport)because of a commission of 5%. I have seen a lot of kantor here near Rybek Glowna who change euro without commission.
The hotel is very far from the centrum (4km).
A taxi from the hotel to the city costs appr. 20 zloty.
If y
... See more
I arrived yesterday, the hotel room is fine, personal is friendly.
Changing cash: I got less money in a bank (airport)because of a commission of 5%. I have seen a lot of kantor here near Rybek Glowna who change euro without commission.
The hotel is very far from the centrum (4km).
A taxi from the hotel to the city costs appr. 20 zloty.
If you wanna walk be prepared that there is a lot of traffic (polluted air). The first little busstop on the right side: no direct bus to the centrum. Go further, on the left side (with a lot of kiosks) you will find the busstop for the 105 to the centrum. Ticket (kiosk) 2,50 Zloty and on the bus 3,- Zl.
See you this evening at 8 p.m. at the restauracja Pod Aniolami (Ulica Grodzka) which is easy to find.Byebye!
Collapse

Yves Champollion
Yves Champollion  Identity Verified
English to French
Help Warsaw - Karkow Nov 24, 2005

I will arrive today 24th in Warsaw airport at 20:25 following a flight change... if anybody is doing the Warsaw-Krakow trip I am ready to share troubles,expenses etc. and even more. Or else I would love any travel advice...
yves champollion
[email protected]

Jana Teteris wrote:

I am planning to attend the conference and have started looking into travel options. We're not spoilt for choice here in Riga, but LOT seem to have quite a reasonable offer, with the option of taking a connecting flight to Krakow.

Then again, Polish trains are wonderful, so I'd much prefer to take the train from Warsaw.

Am I right in thinking that the journey takes around 2.5 hours? Is the cost around 70 - 120 PLN?

Jana

Robert Zawadzki (X)
Robert Zawadzki (X)  Identity Verified
English to Polish
+ ...
I guess you better take a plane to Kraków. Nov 24, 2005

If you arrive in Warsaw after 8 p.m. you have two options a flight to Kraków

21.15 22.05 1 2 3 4 - 6 7 LO3909 LOT
22.50 23.40 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LO3911 LOT

or a night in Warsaw and a train at 6 a.m.

Wolfgang Jörissen
Wolfgang Jörissen  Identity Verified
Belize
Dutch to German
+ ...
Home safely Nov 28, 2005

Hi all!
This may not be "travel information" anymore, but I want to let all of you know how much I enjoyed the conference and meeting a bunch of great people. I got home safely on the night train and I am already back behind my desk. Hope to see as many of you as possible again in one way or another...

All the best,
Wolfgang

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

ProZ.com Conference Krakow 2005: TRAVEL INFO

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »