Word 2007: Setting to disable spell-check keeps reverting to partially selected
Thread poster: rlpwnz
rlpwnz
rlpwnz
United States
Feb 26, 2014

Hi all,

I am experiencing an issue on various documents whereby the setting "Do not check spelling or grammar" consistently appears as partially selected (gray check box). When I select a portion of text and go to Review > Set Language, the box is gray-checked. I uncheck it, click OK, go back to the settings, and it's gray again.

The following suggested fixes have been tried:

- Selecting "English U.S.", unchecking the "Do not check spelling or grammar" box,
... See more
Hi all,

I am experiencing an issue on various documents whereby the setting "Do not check spelling or grammar" consistently appears as partially selected (gray check box). When I select a portion of text and go to Review > Set Language, the box is gray-checked. I uncheck it, click OK, go back to the settings, and it's gray again.

- Selecting "English U.S.", unchecking the "Do not check spelling or grammar" box, and clicking Default.
- Checking the settings on the Normal.dotm file.
- Checking the source code using shift+F1.

To add a twist to this, when I select one smaller portion of the text at a time, the setting is never checked. It's only partially checked when I select the entire portion of the text.

Thanks in advance for any advice you may have.
Collapse

mikhailo
mikhailo
Local time: 07:29
English to Russian
+ ...
re Mar 15, 2014

rlpwnz wrote:

Hi all,

- Selecting "English U.S.", unchecking the "Do not check spelling or grammar" box, and clicking Default.
- Checking the settings on the Normal.dotm file.
- Checking the source code using shift+F1.

To add a twist to this, when I select one smaller portion of the text at a time, the setting is never checked. It's only partially checked when I select the entire portion of the text.

Thanks in advance for any advice you may have.

Check parameters in File - Parameters - Proofing (or Spellcheck)

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Word 2007: Setting to disable spell-check keeps reverting to partially selected

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »