Thread poster: lcstranslations
lcstranslations
lcstranslations  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 19:53
Member (2010)
Italian to English
Oct 3, 2021

Hello All, I logged into my sdl-rws account and my licenses from 2014 onwards are missing. Has this happened to anybody else? Thanks

Serhan Elmacıoğlu

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Confirmed Oct 3, 2021

lcstranslations wrote:
I logged into my SDL RWS account and my licenses from 2014 onwards are missing. Has this happened to anybody else?

I just checked this, and indeed, my licenses for Trados 2015, 2017, 2019 and 2021 are all gone. I didn't buy Trados 2014. My licenses for 2007, 2009 and 2011 are still there.

The official Trados forum has several pages of posts about this. There was initially some confusion even from Trados employees about this (since when they logged into their systems to check the licenses of people who posted about this, the license system said that these people all had subscription licenses, not perpetual licenses). The license system was overhauled in the past week, and it appears that perpetual licenses were mistakenly converted to subscription licenses in the process. Paul is hopeful that the technical team will be able to sort this out on Monday.

[Edited at 2021-10-03 09:35 GMT]

lcstranslations

lcstranslations
lcstranslations  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2010)
Italian to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thank-you! Oct 3, 2021

Thanks so much for your reply. Hope they sort it out soon!

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Solved Oct 4, 2021

I posted a query in the official Licensing subforum:
https://community.sdl.com/product-groups/translationproductivity/f/licensing
and they opened a ticket for me. It was resolved late on Sunday evening. I can now see only 2007 (active), 2009, 2011 (both inactive) and 2021 (active), but at least my 2021 license is now visible again.

It
... See more
I posted a query in the official Licensing subforum:
https://community.sdl.com/product-groups/translationproductivity/f/licensing
and they opened a ticket for me. It was resolved late on Sunday evening. I can now see only 2007 (active), 2009, 2011 (both inactive) and 2021 (active), but at least my 2021 license is now visible again.

It was explained to me that I only have a license for 2007 and 2021 (which is what I thought as well). Licenses for 2009 and 2011 still show up due to some historical reason. I can only see 2021 (and not the previous ones) because I had upgraded, and when you pay the upgrade fee (instead of a new fee), you actually "trade in" your old license for the new one.

I did notice that my 2021 license has an "allow 2019" add-on, and my googling suggests that this means that I can use 2019 with 2021's license. I haven't tried that.
Collapse

lcstranslations

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
Using 2019 with 2021 Oct 4, 2021

Samuel Murray wrote:

I did notice that my 2021 license has an "allow 2019" add-on, and my googling suggests that this means that I can use 2019 with 2021's license. I haven't tried that.

Hi Samuel,

It's also in the release notes which are always accessible from the welcome screen in Studio if you missed them during the upgrade:

Upgrading from SDL Trados Studio 2019
After upgrading from SDL Trados Studio 2019 to SDL Trados Studio 2021, your original license will be
automatically removed from your account.
If you want to use SDL Trados Studio 2021 side-by-side with SDL Trados Studio 2019, you can use both
on the same machine using the SDL Trados Studio 2021 license. This is only possible for single-user
licenses.

lcstranslations

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados licenses missing

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »