Elena Ghetti  Identity Verified
Italië
Local time: 19:18
Lid 2003
Engels naar Italiaans
+ ...
Oct 7, 2005

The trados version I am using is 6.5 build 406

This is a strange behaviour, I cannot find any explanation. Here is the account:
1) I aligned one rtf file pair with winalign and created a TM
2) for some reasons I want to retranslate (using trados pretranslate function - tried with 100% first and then 75% fuzziness) exactly the same text I used to create the alignment, so I should have all 100% matches
3) instead I get only 40 segments translated out of 3800 segments
... See more
The trados version I am using is 6.5 build 406

This is a strange behaviour, I cannot find any explanation. Here is the account:
1) I aligned one rtf file pair with winalign and created a TM
2) for some reasons I want to retranslate (using trados pretranslate function - tried with 100% first and then 75% fuzziness) exactly the same text I used to create the alignment, so I should have all 100% matches
3) instead I get only 40 segments translated out of 3800 segments
4) I checked languages and they match, I checked formatting and there is nothing particular.
5) I tried concordance search and it does not find any similarity even with combinations of words I know are very frequent of pieces of sentences I know that are "there" (to be sure I exported the TM in txt and checked and the words are there...)
6) I insisted and tried to pretranslate with DVX (imported tm into dv, etc.) and...I got the same result! repaired the TM and the project in DV and nothing changed!

...what am I doing wrong?
thanks
Collapse

Fernando Toledo
Fernando Toledo  Identity Verified
Spanje
Duits naar Spaans
Some of the points Oct 7, 2005

could be cause Trados consider all TUs made from alignments as Created by: ALIGN!

And this gives a penalty of 2 %, so your TUs are not 100 % but 98 %

But for the other problems (concordance) I have no idea

Rgds

Toledo

[Edited at 2005-10-07 09:20]

Hynek Palatin
Hynek Palatin  Identity Verified
Tsjechië
Engels naar Tsjechisch
+ ...
TM Oct 7, 2005

This might be a stupid question, but are you sure you are using the aligned TM?

Elena Ghetti
Italië
Lid 2003
Engels naar Italiaans
+ ...
ONDERWERPSTARTER
No penalty set Oct 7, 2005

Hynek Palatin wrote:

This might be a stupid question, but are you sure you are using the aligned TM?

Hi, thanks for your answers. I forgo to mention that I have already checked penalties and there was no align penalty,

As to the questions if TM is aligned, well yes, I did it myself...

thanks anyway

pcovs
pcovs
Denemarken
Engels naar Deens
Another stupid question Oct 8, 2005

Are you sure your TM is 'the right way around'?

I once aligned a pair, and for some reason I had aligned it the wrong way around, so even if my TM said English > Danish, the TUs in there were Danish > English.

Elena Ghetti
Italië
Lid 2003
Engels naar Italiaans
+ ...
ONDERWERPSTARTER
Yes Oct 8, 2005

PCovs wrote:

Are you sure your TM is 'the right way around'?

I once aligned a pair, and for some reason I had aligned it the wrong way around, so even if my TM said English > Danish, the TUs in there were Danish > English.

Hi,

thanks for your attempt to help, yes, this happened also to me once, but I checked and everything was in order. The problem was solved by transferring the files on another computer where I have Trados 7... here everything worked fine.... mysteries...

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados is not finding any match

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »