Hynek Palatin
Hynek Palatin  Identity Verified
República Checa
Local time: 04:22
inglés al checo
+ ...
Dec 21, 2005

I just wanted to share my experience with Trados 7.1 Freelance:

- I started getting the "Previous request not yet finished" / curly brackets error very frequently in Word.

- TagEditor crashed when trying to use "Open Next no 100%/Get" on a pretranslated HTML file.

- Certain 3rd party plugins stopped working and for a while I couldn't even open TagEditor because of an error in the plugin manager DLL (but this doesn't have to be caused necessarily by Trados).
... See more
I just wanted to share my experience with Trados 7.1 Freelance:

- I started getting the "Previous request not yet finished" / curly brackets error very frequently in Word.

- TagEditor crashed when trying to use "Open Next no 100%/Get" on a pretranslated HTML file.

- Certain 3rd party plugins stopped working and for a while I couldn't even open TagEditor because of an error in the plugin manager DLL (but this doesn't have to be caused necessarily by Trados).

The problems disappeared after downgrading to 7.0 (I tried with the same files and TMs).
Collapse

Philippe Etienne
Philippe Etienne  Identity Verified
España
Miembro
inglés al francés
Thank you for sharing Dec 21, 2005

I downloaded 7.1 a few days ago but I haven't installed it yet. After reading your post, I am no longer looking forward to trying it!
Philippe

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Alemania
Miembro 2003
polaco al alemán
+ ...
No problems with T7.1 here Dec 21, 2005

Just for the record: no problems, good behaviour.

Regards
Jerzy

Jo Macdonald
Jo Macdonald  Identity Verified
España
italiano al inglés
+ ...
No new probs here, same probs as before though. Dec 21, 2005

Hi Hynek,

I’ve been using 7.1 for about a week and haven’t had any of the probs you mention.
Had a bit of a weird bug today but it was probably just that doc.

Only recurrent problem I still have is the Trados toolbar .dot making Word crash on launch still.
I hoped they’d sorted that in the new version, nope.
Seems to be mostly first launch after the computer is turned on.
Still working on that.

What is the current beta tester r
... See more
Hi Hynek,

I’ve been using 7.1 for about a week and haven’t had any of the probs you mention.
Had a bit of a weird bug today but it was probably just that doc.

Only recurrent problem I still have is the Trados toolbar .dot making Word crash on launch still.
I hoped they’d sorted that in the new version, nope.
Seems to be mostly first launch after the computer is turned on.
Still working on that.

What is the current beta tester rate?
Collapse

Carsten Behrend
Carsten Behrend  Identity Verified
Alemania
inglés al alemán
+ ...
Off topic - get-ability Dec 21, 2005

I had just one question - maybe, this issue escaped from me. Where do I get the 7.1 release?

Thx in advance

Carsten

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Alemania
Miembro 2003
polaco al alemán
+ ...
Get-ability Dec 21, 2005

There is no central download for such releases anymore.
You cannot get Trados 7.1 from Translationzone as before.
Every reistred user of Trados 7 should receive an e-mail from SDL/Trados customer care center with the link to his download.
If you did not get such e-mail, the Trados download center ma be now found here.
You will need to login to your account to be able to get
... See more
There is no central download for such releases anymore.
You cannot get Trados 7.1 from Translationzone as before.
Every reistred user of Trados 7 should receive an e-mail from SDL/Trados customer care center with the link to his download.
If you did not get such e-mail, the Trados download center ma be now found here.
You will need to login to your account to be able to get the file.

Kind regards
Jerzy
Collapse

Hynek Palatin
República Checa
inglés al checo
+ ...
PERSONA QUE INICIÓ LA HEBRA
Download Dec 21, 2005

Where do I get the 7.1 release?

From trados.subscribenet.com. The servise is supposed to send e-mail notifications. I haven't received any, but Trados 7.1 was there.

BTW, I just noticed that it shows Multiterm 6.2 as the current version and 7.0 as previous. Multiterm 7.1 should be available soon, it's already mentioned in the Trados knowledge base.

Giles Watson
Giles Watson  Identity Verified
Italia
italiano al inglés
In Memoriam
No problems with Trados 7.1 Dec 21, 2005

I received the promised email from Trados on 15 December and downloaded version 7.1 the same day.

As usual, I waited for while before installing to read the comments of "early adopters" on the TW_users Yahoo group:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TW_users/

which were useful, as they so often are.

So far, I have had no problems with the new versio
... See more
I received the promised email from Trados on 15 December and downloaded version 7.1 the same day.

As usual, I waited for while before installing to read the comments of "early adopters" on the TW_users Yahoo group:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TW_users/

which were useful, as they so often are.

So far, I have had no problems with the new version.

FWIW,

Giles
Collapse

Ines Burrell
Ines Burrell  Identity Verified
Reino Unido
Local time: 03:22
Miembro 2004
inglés al letón
+ ...
I keep installing 6.5 instead of 7.1 Dec 21, 2005

Although I downloaded the installation file a couple of days ago, whenever installation wizard opens, it says it is going to install version 6.5. The same happens with Multiterm. I have informed SDL however have not received any reponse yet.
Actually, I do not seem to be too lucky with the current upgrades, as after installing the new SDLX version my licence number is not recognised anymore.

[Edited at 2005-12-21 20:56]

Heinrich Pesch
Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finlandia
Local time: 05:22
Miembro 2003
finlandés al alemán
+ ...
Any advantage with 7.1? Dec 22, 2005

The only customer who sends me Trados TE jobs regularly sends ttx-files, that in TE on loading cause an exeption error message. I still use version 6.5 for these files. Which problems does the new version fix actually?
Regards
Heinrich

Hynek Palatin
República Checa
inglés al checo
+ ...
New features Dec 22, 2005

Which problems does the new version fix actually?

There are new features:
http://www.translationzone.com/sublink.asp?ID=764

Antoní­n Otáhal
Antoní­n Otáhal
Miembro 2005
inglés al checo
+ ...
Word ttx in Trados 6.5 Dec 22, 2005

Heinrich Pesch wrote:

ttx-files, that in TE on loading cause an exeption error message. I still use version 6.5 for these files.
Regards
Heinrich

(1) What message? Perhaps they are produced by Transit 7 from Word files, in which case TE will warn you about DTD settings, but can still be processed in the 6.5 version. (Well, I ran small-scale experiments on this and it seems that the following process works: open source Word in Trados 7 - process this ttx in Traods 6.5 - get Word target from this ttx in Word 7)

(2) AFAIK, once you have ttx files, you have a few options how to process them without actually having or using Trados, namely Heartsome XLIFF Editor and Transit; the former is much cheaper than Trados, the latter much more expensive.

Antonin

[Edited at 2005-12-22 07:27]

Hynek Palatin
República Checa
inglés al checo
+ ...
Fixed bug Dec 27, 2005

TagEditor crashed when trying to use "Open Next no 100%/Get".

This is a confirmed bug and there is a hotfix for it:
http://support.trados.com/view.asp?cntID=1610

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problems with Trados 7.1 Freelance

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »