Heinrich Pesch
Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finlandia
Local time: 18:44
Miembro 2003
finlandés al alemán
+ ...
Aug 11, 2011

We'll stay on La Palma next February and I noticed only a few hotels have free internet access. I would like to know if it is possible for tourists to buy a prepaid card for data access and how much it costs. Or if it is cheaper to use roaming.
One hotel I had in mind has no free WiFi, but is 200 Euro cheaper than another one that has. Probably I could save money taking the cheaper hotel and pay for prepaid card?
Regards
Heinrich

Monika Jakacka Márquez
Monika Jakacka Márquez  Identity Verified
España
Local time: 17:44
Miembro
polaco al español
+ ...

Moderador de este foro
Prepaid internet Aug 11, 2011

Hello,

I have a prepaid wifi internet from Yoigo (4th biggest mobile services provider in Spain and practically the cheapest one). I use it when I'm travelling as I have my regular internet connection at home.

I guess you can buy it with your passport (according to Spanish law the buyer of each SIM card has to be registered), actually I remember that my brother bought one for him when he was visiting me (and he's not a Spanish resident).

If you need only th
... See more
Hello,

I have a prepaid wifi internet from Yoigo (4th biggest mobile services provider in Spain and practically the cheapest one). I use it when I'm travelling as I have my regular internet connection at home.

I guess you can buy it with your passport (according to Spanish law the buyer of each SIM card has to be registered), actually I remember that my brother bought one for him when he was visiting me (and he's not a Spanish resident).

If you need only the SIM card with prepaid internet access, it costs 20 EUR (and it has already 20 EUR charged).
If you need a wifi modem with the SIM card with prepaid internet access, the cost is of 29-39 EUR (depending on the model) and it has 5 EUR charged.

The cost of the connection is daily and each day you connect to the internet costs you 3 EUR + VAT (3,54 EUR).

You'll find more information and characteristics of the connection here:
https://tienda.yoigo.com/selforder/internet
(unfortunately the web page is only in Spanish; the "prepaid" option is "tarjeta").

Regards,
M.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderador(es) de este foro
Monika Jakacka Márquez[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Canaries/Spain: prepaid data costs

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »