translation memory - MemoQ
Thread poster: Hew
Hew
Hew
United Kingdom
English to French
May 9, 2012

Hi, I am a beginner with memoQ. It's easy to create an empty TM but can anyone help me by telling me where to download a good general TM and then how to install it in memoq?
I tried the DGT TM but some informations about how to do seem to be missing as it doesn't work with me.
Thanks in advance to help me by giving an accurate and precise answer.

Piotr Bienkowski
Piotr Bienkowski  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 13:30
English to Polish
+ ...
MyMemory plugin May 9, 2012

Hew wrote:

Hi, I am a beginner with memoQ. It's easy to create an empty TM but can anyone help me by telling me where to download a good general TM and then how to install it in memoq?
I tried the DGT TM but some informations about how to do seem to be missing as it doesn't work with me.
Thanks in advance to help me by giving an accurate and precise answer.

I'm not sure where you can download a good English to French TM, but you can try and use the MyMemory plugin, and depending on what you translate, it will offer you translation matches from a remote TM repository of human translations.

And if you translation profile matches that of the EU TMs, it is worth trying and extracting/importing TM into MemoQ, although, on the other hand, such big TMs can slow down MemoQ a bit.

Regards,

Piotr

Hew
Hew
United Kingdom
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
thanks May 11, 2012

I've got another question posted in TRADOS forum

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

translation memory - MemoQ

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »