File freezes on opening. Is it because of preview?
Thread poster: Yehua Jiang
Yehua Jiang
Yehua Jiang
Germany
Local time: 21:14
Member (2015)
English to Chinese
+ ...
Aug 28, 2017

I have memoQ 8.1. I'm working on a server project and there is this file that whenever I tried to open it for translation, there will be a big chance (not 100%, but about 60%-70%) it freezes and I have to kill the process in my Windows' process manager and restart memoQ.

It is driving me crazy because there are much bigger files from the same project and I can open them without any problem. I tried repairing resources but it didn't help. At last I turned off preview, which seems so
... See more
I have memoQ 8.1. I'm working on a server project and there is this file that whenever I tried to open it for translation, there will be a big chance (not 100%, but about 60%-70%) it freezes and I have to kill the process in my Windows' process manager and restart memoQ.

It is driving me crazy because there are much bigger files from the same project and I can open them without any problem. I tried repairing resources but it didn't help. At last I turned off preview, which seems solved the problem, but it does feel weird as the preview also works fine for other large files of the same project.

BTW when I turn on preview(and luckily not freeze the file), it takes more time to upload (it shows "uploading...") than other files. I just wonder if there is some unique reason for it.

[修改时间: 2017-08-28 02:05 GMT]
Collapse

Maija Cirule
Maija Cirule  Identity Verified
Latvia
Local time: 22:14
German to English
+ ...
Obviously Aug 28, 2017

Yehua Jiang wrote:

It is driving me crazy because there are much bigger files from the same project and I can open them without any problem. I tried repairing resources but it didn't help. At last I turned off preview, which seems solved the problem, but it does feel weird as the preview also works fine for other large files of the same project.

BTW when I turn on preview(and luckily not freeze the file), it takes more time to upload (it shows "uploading...") than other files. I just wonder if there is some unique reason for it.

[修改时间: 2017-08-28 02:05 GMT]

the file is corrupted. You should contact the client.

Good luck

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

File freezes on opening. Is it because of preview?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »