Thread poster: Sina Lamprecht
Sina Lamprecht
Sina Lamprecht
Germany
Local time: 05:16
English to German
Jun 17, 2005

Hi everyone,

when I translate a text, say, an excel file, in tageditor, my tag protection is activated. However, when I make the cleanup via teamworks, the formatting in target file is not the same. Shouldn´t it be the same, or do I have to insert any tags. I´m lost here...
Thanks a lot!

Sina

avsie (X)
avsie (X)  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
You have to insert the tags Jun 18, 2005

I'm not sure I understand your question, but you DO need to insert in your target segment all the tags that are in the source segment, or else you lose the formatting.

Do you run a quality check before finalizing your document with TW? This will usually indicate you all the missing, misplaced or added tags.

HTH,

Marie-Claude

Sina Lamprecht
Sina Lamprecht
Germany
English to German
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks a lot for your help Jun 21, 2005

Marie-Claude Falardeau wrote:

I'm not sure I understand your question, but you DO need to insert in your target segment all the tags that are in the source segment, or else you lose the formatting.

Do you run a quality check before finalizing your document with TW? This will usually indicate you all the missing, misplaced or added tags.

HTH,

Marie-Claude

Hello Marie-Claude

thanks a lot for your reply it helped me a lot!

Sina

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Tageditor: How to keep formatting

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »