论题张贴者: Jan Sundström
Jan Sundström
Jan Sundström  Identity Verified
瑞典
Local time: 16:50
English英语译成Swedish瑞典语
+ ...
Nov 22, 2007

A panel debate took place at the ATA conference last month. If anyone from Proz attended, please post your impression here!

/Jan
------------------
The Merits of Using a Mac in a PC-centric Translation World

Yves M. Averous, Christine Lemor-Drake, Michael Metzger, and Catherine Theilen-Burke
Thursday, 3:30-5:00pm - All Levels

The focus of this interactive panel will be the use of Apple's computers and technology in translation. The founder
... See more
A panel debate took place at the ATA conference last month. If anyone from Proz attended, please post your impression here!

/Jan
------------------

Yves M. Averous, Christine Lemor-Drake, Michael Metzger, and Catherine Theilen-Burke
Thursday, 3:30-5:00pm - All Levels

The focus of this interactive panel will be the use of Apple's computers and technology in translation. The founders of the Northern California Translators Association's Macintosh user group, TransMUG, will be joined by experts from Apple to discuss the best and latest tools available. Please join us for a sure-to-be-lively discussion on the challenges arising from using Macs in a PC-centric translation world, and the creative solutions offered by advanced technology from Apple. What better place than the Bay Area, birthplace of Apple, to have this discussion!

Taken from http://www.atanet.org/conf/2007/abstracts.htm
The abstract has been posted here:
http://transmug.files.wordpress.com/2007/11/the-merits-of-using-a-mac.pdf
http://transmug.wordpress.com/2007/11/02/preaching-to-a-big-choir/

[Edited at 2007-11-22 12:33]
Collapse

Edwal Rospigliosi
Edwal Rospigliosi  Identity Verified
西班牙
Local time: 16:50
English英语译成Spanish西班牙语
+ ...
Intel Macs Nov 23, 2007

With the new Intel Macs, the incentive for OSX-Native translation software have dwindled even more, so I doubt we will see Trados for Mac or (I wish) DejaVu for Mac. Fortunately we have Parallels and Bootcamp as workable alternatives.

I already sold my PC hardware and got two Macs - a Mini for my desk, a Macbook for my couch- and am using Trados in Parallels. Both are a delight to use.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »