论题张贴者: Anil Goyal
Anil Goyal
Anil Goyal  Identity Verified
印度
Local time: 18:31
English英语译成Hindi印地语
+ ...
Jul 15, 2004

At times I get duplicates mails in my OE Inbox. This is because I keep my mails on the server for 3 days so that I can download all my mails on my home as well as office computer. The OE keeps record of what it downloaded before and starts from there, but sometimes it will download all the mails once again.

Does someone know how I can prevent IE to download those mails which it has already downloaded before? Or, a way to find out duplicate mails and deleting them?

Pleas
... See more
At times I get duplicates mails in my OE Inbox. This is because I keep my mails on the server for 3 days so that I can download all my mails on my home as well as office computer. The OE keeps record of what it downloaded before and starts from there, but sometimes it will download all the mails once again.

Does someone know how I can prevent IE to download those mails which it has already downloaded before? Or, a way to find out duplicate mails and deleting them?

Please note I have found a utility that works with MS Outlook, but I am looking for help on Outlook Express.

Thanks for any help/suggestions.
Collapse

Endre Both
Endre Both  Identity Verified
德国
Local time: 15:01
English英语译成German德语
Regularly delete mails from server Jul 15, 2004

I use the same method (keeping mails on POP server) and have the same problem -- with a different mail client (AK-Mail). I was never sure whether double downloads were my client's fault or inherent to the POP3 protocol, but given that the problem appears with Outlook as well, it might be a built-in limitation of the mail protocol.

Anyway, I have discovered that my client starts downloading all mails in an endless loop when the number of mails stored on the server exceeds 1000 (appro
... See more
I use the same method (keeping mails on POP server) and have the same problem -- with a different mail client (AK-Mail). I was never sure whether double downloads were my client's fault or inherent to the POP3 protocol, but given that the problem appears with Outlook as well, it might be a built-in limitation of the mail protocol.

Anyway, I have discovered that my client starts downloading all mails in an endless loop when the number of mails stored on the server exceeds 1000 (approximate number, may be a bit less or more).

So my solution is to clear the server when the number of mails approaches 1000. Sometimes I forget, and wake up with 5000 mails more in my inbox.

Endre
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

本论坛的版主
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to remove/delete duplicate mails in Outlook Express

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »