Yaotl Altan  Identity Verified
墨西哥
Local time: 06:02
正式会员 (自2006)
English英语译成Spanish西班牙语
+ ...
Apr 24, 2009

Hi, all:

Is it possible to change the background colour of a hotmail account? At night, the white colour is a pain in the....in my eyes. I think this question applies for Yahoo and Gmail accounts too.

A darker colour, like Pro's beige background is better

Thank you in advance.

Noni Gilbert Riley
Noni Gilbert Riley
西班牙
Local time: 14:02
Spanish西班牙语译成English英语
+ ...
I'm sure there used to be Apr 24, 2009

But now that I look, I can only see a choice of various "themes", which, while they can at least help to alert you if you're using a number of hotmail accounts, don't rid you of that bright white.

As a result I have accounts in different themes, but also one which I managed to change the colour on a long while back - but it still has the white basic centre.

Wonder if anyone else is cleverer than us at finding options!

Elin Davies
Elin Davies  Identity Verified
英国
正式会员 (自2008)
English英语译成Welsh威尔士语
+ ...
Yes with Gmail Apr 24, 2009

I don't know about hotmail, but I know it's possible with Gmail. I think you can even get it to change as the day goes on so that it replicates the setting sun. It is under Settings>Themes.

jacana54 (X)
jacana54 (X)  Identity Verified
乌拉圭
English英语译成Spanish西班牙语
+ ...
Hotmail too Apr 24, 2009

Yaotl,

Look on the right, at the top, under "options". I have it cocoa colored. But the background remains white, I haven't found that either.

And in Gmail, as Elin says, there are lots of possibilities.

I agree that our eyes need a rest, and it's also nice to change the look of things a bit sometimes, rather like changing the tablecloth.

Lucia

[Edited at 20
... See more
Yaotl,

Look on the right, at the top, under "options". I have it cocoa colored. But the background remains white, I haven't found that either.

I agree that our eyes need a rest, and it's also nice to change the look of things a bit sometimes, rather like changing the tablecloth.

Lucia

[Edited at 2009-04-24 15:14 GMT]

[Edited at 2009-04-24 15:15 GMT]
Collapse

Yaotl Altan
Yaotl Altan  Identity Verified
墨西哥
Local time: 06:02
正式会员 (自2006)
English英语译成Spanish西班牙语
+ ...
主题发起人
I'll try Apr 24, 2009

Lucia Colombino wrote:

Yaotl,

Lucia

[Edited at 2009-04-24 15:14 GMT]

[Edited at 2009-04-24 15:15 GMT]

Thank you, colleagues.

It's incredible hotmail doesn't have that simple function. it's becoming painful at nights

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Hotmail background

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »