Alexandra Duckitt
Alexandra Duckitt  Identity Verified
英国
Local time: 09:49
正式会员 (自2005)
German德语译成English英语
+ ...
May 8, 2007

First of all, please accept my apologies for posting in English, but I don't speak Latvian, and this forum seemed like the most appropriate one for my question.

Does anyone have (or know where I could find) an English translation of the above poem? It appears in German translation in a speech that I am translating into English, and I would rather have an "official" translation direct from the Latvian (if there is one) than use my own translation from the German.

Many t
... See more
First of all, please accept my apologies for posting in English, but I don't speak Latvian, and this forum seemed like the most appropriate one for my question.

Does anyone have (or know where I could find) an English translation of the above poem? It appears in German translation in a speech that I am translating into English, and I would rather have an "official" translation direct from the Latvian (if there is one) than use my own translation from the German.

Many thanks in advance,

Alex
Collapse

Kristine Sprula (Lielause)
Kristine Sprula (Lielause)  Identity Verified
拉脱维亚
Local time: 11:49
正式会员 (自2005)
English英语译成Latvian拉托维亚语
+ ...
Dear Alexandra, May 10, 2007

Welcome to Latvian forum!
I really don't know if there exists an "official" translation of this poem in English. It's quite possible that there is not any. If it is very important for you I could try to find some information here.

Greetings,
Kristine

Alexandra Duckitt
Alexandra Duckitt  Identity Verified
英国
Local time: 09:49
正式会员 (自2005)
German德语译成English英语
+ ...
主题发起人
Thank you! May 10, 2007

Dear Kristine,

Many thanks for taking the time to reply to my question. I came to the same conclusion as you, that maybe there was no English version, and as my job had to be completed by yesterday, I decided to go with my own English translation from the German.

Thank you anyway for your kind offer and I hope you have a nice evening!

Alex

本论坛没有专门指派版主。
如需报告网站违规或寻求帮助,请联系网站工作人员 »

English Translation of the poem "Tautas nāve" by Jānis Rainis

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »