Andrzej Lejman
Andrzej Lejman  Identity Verified
波兰
Local time: 10:33
正式会员 (自2004)
German德语译成Polish波兰语
+ ...
Mar 20, 2004

I have been asked by 4 young people to help them find affordable (students!) accommodation in Manchester for July – August this year. So I would like to ask for some tips where to look for such offerings – are there local web sites or online versions of local newspapers, maybe students organizations of some kind? I appreciate any help, including some cost estimates.
Thanks and regards
Andrzej

nordiste
nordiste  Identity Verified
法国
English英语译成French法语
+ ...
http://www.lonelyplanet.com/ Mar 20, 2004

Hi,

The Lonely planet publishes very good and useful guide books with accurate comments - I once traveled Poland using them and everything was just as they said.
The Britain or England Guide books are good too.
They also have a web site with lots of tips and forums where you can exchange information too.
Good luck !

Elena Bellucci
Elena Bellucci
正式会员 (自2003)
English英语译成Italian意大利语
+ ...
Try University halls Mar 20, 2004

Hi!

A few years ago I was in Manchester/Salford for the socrates exchange. If I remember correctly, University halls are open all year round, and may be cheaper than private accomodation, though they maybe are a little bit shabby. Make a try with the accomodation offices of the 3 univerities in Manchester/Salford area. Rates may have increased but a low price was around 40£ per week for "on campus" halls of residence. Contact me if you have any question.

[Edited at 2004-03-
... See more
Hi!

A few years ago I was in Manchester/Salford for the socrates exchange. If I remember correctly, University halls are open all year round, and may be cheaper than private accomodation, though they maybe are a little bit shabby. Make a try with the accomodation offices of the 3 univerities in Manchester/Salford area. Rates may have increased but a low price was around 40£ per week for "on campus" halls of residence. Contact me if you have any question.

[Edited at 2004-03-20 23:15]
Collapse

asusisu (X)
asusisu (X)
Local time: 09:33
Spanish西班牙语译成English英语
+ ...
you may like to have a look at the following link Mar 22, 2004

http://www.mmu.ac.uk/accommodation/poh/pohhalls.php

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

本论坛的版主
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Accommodation for students in Manchester/UK

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »