话题中的页数:   < [1 2]
Poll: How often do you respond to requests for translation marked as "Urgent"?
论题张贴者: ProZ.com Staff
Kay Denney
Kay Denney  Identity Verified
法国
Local time: 00:48
French法语译成English英语
I put them at the bottom of the pile Mar 29, 2019

Everyone says their text is urgent. If they can't be bothered to give me an exact deadline, it goes to the bottom of the pile. I told a client this (while working at the agency, the boss must have been on holiday ) and he blew up. I then calmly explained that everyone said their job was urgent, and telling me the deadline is yesterday just doesn't help. Tell me when you need it for and I'll tell you if I can do that.
They
... See more
Everyone says their text is urgent. If they can't be bothered to give me an exact deadline, it goes to the bottom of the pile. I told a client this (while working at the agency, the boss must have been on holiday ) and he blew up. I then calmly explained that everyone said their job was urgent, and telling me the deadline is yesterday just doesn't help. Tell me when you need it for and I'll tell you if I can do that.
They calmed down once I explained how much I could get through in a day and saw that I could deliver quickly.
Collapse

话题中的页数:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

本论坛的版主
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: How often do you respond to requests for translation marked as "Urgent"?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »