话题中的页数:   < [1 2]
Poll: Do you work "overtime" (i.e. more than 9-6 Monday to Friday)?
论题张贴者: ProZ.com Staff
Chié_JP
Chié_JP
日本
Local time: 04:10
正式会员 (自2013)
English英语译成Japanese日语
+ ...
Hostilie question? Jul 12, 2019

I do not know why but I find this question slightly hostile one.

Maxi Schwarz
Maxi Schwarz  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:10
German德语译成English英语
+ ...
flexible hours as choice (I freelance) Jul 12, 2019

I don't even like 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., and I'm not that much enamoured by Mon.to Fri. Supposing someone is a night owl and likes to work 9:00 p.m. to 5:00 a.m., watch the sun rise and then doze off to the sound of morning birds. (I'm not that person - this is hypothetical. ) Has that person worked "overtime"? Supposing that person works from noon to 2:00 p.m., which are not his regular (chosen) hours - is that "overtime"?... See more
I don't even like 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., and I'm not that much enamoured by Mon.to Fri. Supposing someone is a night owl and likes to work 9:00 p.m. to 5:00 a.m., watch the sun rise and then doze off to the sound of morning birds. (I'm not that person - this is hypothetical. ) Has that person worked "overtime"? Supposing that person works from noon to 2:00 p.m., which are not his regular (chosen) hours - is that "overtime"?

Those of us who freelance are not in that kind of framework. We may have days where work consists of less than 8 hours - maybe much less - and other days where it's a lot more. At all times, we have choices. We're not locked into any system.
Collapse

Elizabeth Tamblin
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
Philip Lees

Kay Denney
Kay Denney  Identity Verified
法国
Local time: 21:10
French法语译成English英语
no you're not Jul 13, 2019

Lincoln Hui wrote:

It's 12:03am.

I'm working.

you're sneaking a quick Proz break! You're lucky you don't have a boss or someone might rat on you!!

话题中的页数:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

本论坛的版主
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: Do you work "overtime" (i.e. more than 9-6 Monday to Friday)?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »