论题张贴者: ProZ.com Staff
Christopher Schröder
Christopher Schröder
英国
正式会员 (自2011)
Swedish瑞典语译成English英语
+ ...
Definition of investment Jun 23, 2022

Is it telling that so many don't appear to know the difference between an investment and an expense?

Michael Newton
Michael Newton  Identity Verified
美国
Local time: 10:19
Japanese日语译成English英语
+ ...
investing Jun 24, 2022

Not forgetting that an investment and an expense may in some cases be one and the same. A $400 Japanese-English biomedical dictionary can be deducted as a business expense when I file my taxes while at the same time it is a key to obtaining future clients and work involving Japanese biomedical work. A $5000 contract from a medical laboratory can be considered a return on the $400 I invested in the dictionary. An expensive trip to Tokyo can be expensed when I do my taxes while it is also an inves... See more
Not forgetting that an investment and an expense may in some cases be one and the same. A $400 Japanese-English biomedical dictionary can be deducted as a business expense when I file my taxes while at the same time it is a key to obtaining future clients and work involving Japanese biomedical work. A $5000 contract from a medical laboratory can be considered a return on the $400 I invested in the dictionary. An expensive trip to Tokyo can be expensed when I do my taxes while it is also an investment as I may make many contacts which will guarantee future business.Collapse

Kevin Fulton

话题中的页数:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

本论坛的版主
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: Over the past two years, for my work and tools I have invested roughly:

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »