话题中的页数:   < [1 2 3]
Studio 2009 error: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
论题张贴者: Diana Beez (X)
Johanna Bowm (X)
Johanna Bowm (X)  Identity Verified
德国
Local time: 07:46
English英语译成German德语
Still having problems - Upgrade to 2011? May 14, 2012

Hi there,

After not having used Studio 2009 for a while it's now giving me the same trouble. When opening a docx file and a new memory for translation, the mentioned error (Object reference not set to an instance of project) comes up.

I am using SP3 on XP and so far had never any problems.

I deleted the xml files as Paul suggested but that didn't help

I still have an upgrade to 2
... See more
Hi there,

After not having used Studio 2009 for a while it's now giving me the same trouble. When opening a docx file and a new memory for translation, the mentioned error (Object reference not set to an instance of project) comes up.

I am using SP3 on XP and so far had never any problems.

I deleted the xml files as Paul suggested but that didn't help

I still have an upgrade to 2011 waiting to be used. I am thinking about doing this now, or might this problem still persist in 2011?

Any ideas will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Johanna
Collapse

RWS Community
RWS Community
英国
English英语
On the Object Reference error May 14, 2012

Hi Johanna,

This is actually a very generic error message that relates to a variable being referenced such as a specific file parameter in the file you are opening, or a variable on your local machine etc. that has been set to null and so Studio cannot find what it thought was there... I think. That's about as deep as my understanding goes, but it basically means that the source of the problem could be anything so we would need to te
... See more
Hi Johanna,

This is actually a very generic error message that relates to a variable being referenced such as a specific file parameter in the file you are opening, or a variable on your local machine etc. that has been set to null and so Studio cannot find what it thought was there... I think. That's about as deep as my understanding goes, but it basically means that the source of the problem could be anything so we would need to test the reason you get this message in the latest version to see if it is resolved. I think that seeing this message being resolved for another user does not necessarily mean that it will be fixed for you.

Is this happening with all docx files and new TMs or just one? If it is all docx files then we should take a look at your installation, but if it's one specific file then it would be interesting to see the file and find out what part is causing the problem.

Regards

Paul
Collapse

Johanna Bowm (X)
Johanna Bowm (X)  Identity Verified
德国
English英语译成German德语
Saving as a doc file did the trick May 14, 2012

Hi Paul,

thanks for your helpful and quick reply.

You were right, Studio worked fine for another docx file/ new TM.

However this file was similar to many others I have worked with before (regarding content/ structure...) so I have no idea what might be in there causing this fuss.

In this particular case I went to save the file as a doc file and somehow this did the trick.

I am very happy that I can get to work now, but still not su
... See more
Hi Paul,

thanks for your helpful and quick reply.

You were right, Studio worked fine for another docx file/ new TM.

However this file was similar to many others I have worked with before (regarding content/ structure...) so I have no idea what might be in there causing this fuss.

In this particular case I went to save the file as a doc file and somehow this did the trick.

I am very happy that I can get to work now, but still not sure what might have been the problem here...
Collapse

Kathleen Misson
Kathleen Misson  Identity Verified
西班牙
正式会员 (自2009)
Spanish西班牙语译成English英语
one solution that worked for me Apr 25, 2013

I saved the .xlsx file as a .xls file, then saved the .xls again as a .xlsx. Works fine now, although it may cause formatting problems in complex spreadsheets.

Pedro Castro
Pedro Castro  Identity Verified
墨西哥
Local time: 23:46
English英语译成Spanish西班牙语
+ ...
Same bypass solution for DOCX May 8, 2013

Kathleen Misson wrote:

I saved the .xlsx file as a .xls file, then saved the .xls again as a .xlsx. Works fine now, although it may cause formatting problems in complex spreadsheets.

Hello to everyone. This solution works as well when getting this error on a DOCX file. So, I converted the DOCX into a DOC from Word 97-2003 and the problem magically disappeared. Indeed, format is lost but, hey, using Trados is the actual issue, isn't it? At least we can continue working with most of the text.

Regards,

Pedro

Orla Clancy
Orla Clancy  Identity Verified
爱尔兰
Local time: 06:46
Dutch荷兰语译成English英语
+ ...
Getting the 'Object reference not set, etc.' message .... Jul 31, 2013

.... and it's driving me nuts because I'm trying to start on a new project and am being held up.

I was sent the file as an SDL XLIFF file, and I simply clicked on the file to open it, which it did. It wasn't until I started to try and enter data that I got this message and the units refused to save into the TM.

Just want to point out that I'm not the best with software, have been using Trados Studio 2009 since early 2010 and this is the first time I've been sent a file
... See more
.... and it's driving me nuts because I'm trying to start on a new project and am being held up.

I was sent the file as an SDL XLIFF file, and I simply clicked on the file to open it, which it did. It wasn't until I started to try and enter data that I got this message and the units refused to save into the TM.

Just want to point out that I'm not the best with software, have been using Trados Studio 2009 since early 2010 and this is the first time I've been sent a file in that format to work on. I don't think the client can send it to me in any other format ...

I went looking for the xml files and can't find them anywhere, I did the unchecking of the Verification, as suggested, and now I'm at my wits' end.

The client and I are thinking of trying to work with the file just by saving the file, but not the units to the TM - which makes me a little uneasy ....

Can somebody please help?

I use Windows XP.
Collapse

话题中的页数:   < [1 2 3]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2009 error: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »