Upgrading Freelance 5.5 license to 6.5 using certificate
论题张贴者: CathyFS
CathyFS
CathyFS  Identity Verified
Local time: 08:41
German德语译成English英语
+ ...
Jan 14, 2004

I received my Trados 6.5 installation CD in the mail and installed the software, however it will only run in demo mode as I haven't been able to upgrade the licence. How & where do I upgrade the licence?? And why does Trados send you a license certificate and then tell you in the user guide to contact Trados support about this(who normally take 24 hours to mail you back)? Any help appreciated, I'd like to get started on this today while I have time to get used to it.

Hynek Palatin
Hynek Palatin  Identity Verified
捷克共和国
Local time: 09:41
English英语译成Czech捷克语
+ ...
Dongle migration Jan 14, 2004

You need to update your dongle with the new license information. Trados should send you a small program by e-mail to do that. If it's taking too long, you should probably contact them.

Until then, you can only use the 5.5 version. You can have both versions installed, but make sure to register the version you are using: Start - All Programs - Trados x.x Freelance - Register Trados x.x Freelance. (I am not sure if this command exists with Trados 5.5 Freelance, because I don't have i
... See more
You need to update your dongle with the new license information. Trados should send you a small program by e-mail to do that. If it's taking too long, you should probably contact them.

Until then, you can only use the 5.5 version. You can have both versions installed, but make sure to register the version you are using: Start - All Programs - Trados x.x Freelance - Register Trados x.x Freelance. (I am not sure if this command exists with Trados 5.5 Freelance, because I don't have it installed anymore. If not, you need to find a .bat file in the Trados program folder using Windows Explorer and run it.)
Collapse

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
德国
Local time: 09:41
English英语译成German德语
+ ...
Migration tool usually arrives before the CD Jan 14, 2004

...and the accompanying e-mail message tells you not to install before having migrated your dongle.

I'd suggest you contact the office where you bought the upgrade.

Best regards, Ralf

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Upgrading Freelance 5.5 license to 6.5 using certificate

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »