How to stop studio adding space before and after slash “/”?
论题张贴者: Jo Macdonald
Jo Macdonald
Jo Macdonald  Identity Verified
西班牙
Local time: 07:09
Italian意大利语译成English英语
+ ...
Sep 7, 2010

Studio is adding spaces before and after a slash “/” so the Italian source “e/o” becomes “and / or” in the English target instead of “and/or” and I have to delete the added spaces.
Spaces should only be added before and after a slash when it’s used to separate lines and not single words, so the target should be and/or.
Any tips on how to stop studio adding these spaces.
In Project settings options the only thing I’ve found that resembles this is in Measureme
... See more
Studio is adding spaces before and after a slash “/” so the Italian source “e/o” becomes “and / or” in the English target instead of “and/or” and I have to delete the added spaces.
Spaces should only be added before and after a slash when it’s used to separate lines and not single words, so the target should be and/or.
Any tips on how to stop studio adding these spaces.
In Project settings options the only thing I’ve found that resembles this is in Measurements – Use same spacing.
Any ideas?
Thanks
Jo
Collapse

Jo Macdonald
Jo Macdonald  Identity Verified
西班牙
Local time: 07:09
Italian意大利语译成English英语
+ ...
主题发起人
Think it was something silly in the online TM. Sep 7, 2010

Problem solved
Thanks
Jo

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to stop studio adding space before and after slash “/”?

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »