Find and replace window has disappeared!!
论题张贴者: bevwahl
bevwahl
bevwahl  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:28
Norwegian(Bokmal)挪威语(波克默尔语)译成English英语
Dec 8, 2018

I have Studio 17 and two monitors.

Yes, I had the Find and replace window on the second monitor.

But I have not closed the monitor - both are fully up and running, and the Find and replace was working earlier. I didn't even close studio between the last time I was using Find and replace and when it suddenly wasn't there anymore. I still see the window if I use Alt+Tab to run through open programs.

I see this is an old problem on earlier versions, but couldn
... See more
I have Studio 17 and two monitors.

Yes, I had the Find and replace window on the second monitor.

But I have not closed the monitor - both are fully up and running, and the Find and replace was working earlier. I didn't even close studio between the last time I was using Find and replace and when it suddenly wasn't there anymore. I still see the window if I use Alt+Tab to run through open programs.

I see this is an old problem on earlier versions, but couldn't get the old remedies to work.

Help! I have a deadline!
Collapse

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
俄罗斯联邦
Local time: 14:28
English英语译成Russian俄语
Move Dec 8, 2018

Type “move invisible window” in google search (without quotation marks).
Click hit #1
https://www.google.ru/amp/s/www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows/bring-misplaced-off-screen-windows-back-to-your-desktop-keyboard-trick/amp/

Method 2 (Keyboard Trick) will always do the trick.

bevwahl
bevwahl  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:28
Norwegian(Bokmal)挪威语(波克默尔语)译成English英语
主题发起人
Finding Find and replace window Dec 9, 2018

Thank you very much, Stepan!

Method 1 did not work. The Find window did not appear among the cascaded windows.

I changed the active window and tried method 2. Note that the 'inactive' window displayed all the other programs, including Multiterm.

I tried Method 2 and was having no luck moving the window (it lay under the main Trados window and I couldn't get a fix on it) and then in desperation I tried Cascade again - and suddenly my window was there.
... See more
Thank you very much, Stepan!

Method 1 did not work. The Find window did not appear among the cascaded windows.

I changed the active window and tried method 2. Note that the 'inactive' window displayed all the other programs, including Multiterm.

I tried Method 2 and was having no luck moving the window (it lay under the main Trados window and I couldn't get a fix on it) and then in desperation I tried Cascade again - and suddenly my window was there.

Thanks again for your very prompt assistance!
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Find and replace window has disappeared!!

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »