Comparison software (excel and ppt files)
论题张贴者: Vanina Ricciardelli
Vanina Ricciardelli
Vanina Ricciardelli  Identity Verified
阿根廷
Local time: 18:02
English英语译成Spanish西班牙语
+ ...
Sep 1, 2011

Do you guys know of any software that compares two differente excel and/or powerpoint files?

Jørgen Madsen
Jørgen Madsen  Identity Verified
Local time: 23:02
English英语译成Danish丹麦语
+ ...
Please specify Sep 2, 2011

Compare in terms of what?

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
荷兰
Local time: 23:02
正式会员 (自2006)
English英语译成Afrikaans南非语
+ ...
Workaround Sep 2, 2011

Vanina Ricciardelli wrote:
Do you guys know of any software that compares two differente Excel and/or PowerPoint files?

No, I don't, but if I had to compare two such files I would extract all text from it using a CAT tool and create a TM from the old version's text and pre-translate the new version against it, to see where the differences lie.

Vanina Ricciardelli
Vanina Ricciardelli  Identity Verified
阿根廷
English英语译成Spanish西班牙语
+ ...
主题发起人
to compare translation vs. edited file Sep 6, 2011

I need to compare a translation against the edited file to see the changes and give feedback to the translator. With MS Word files, I can use track changes, but not with Excel or PowerPoint.

Saïd
Saïd
English英语译成Dutch荷兰语
+ ...
Indeed there is Jan 26, 2012

There are several applications that allow you to do this, one of which is:

http://go.workshare.com/trials-powerpoint.html
Has a free and fully functioning 30-day trial - I've tried it and it works like a charm, also shows formatting changes - nice to have.

Also, apparently our friends at Microsoft have come to their senses and the Compare & Merge function ha
... See more
There are several applications that allow you to do this, one of which is:

http://go.workshare.com/trials-powerpoint.html
Has a free and fully functioning 30-day trial - I've tried it and it works like a charm, also shows formatting changes - nice to have.

Also, apparently our friends at Microsoft have come to their senses and the Compare & Merge function has returned to PowerPoint 2010 after the debacle of 2007.

Hope that helps,
Saïd.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Comparison software (excel and ppt files)

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »