Maria Pereira
Maria Pereira  Identity Verified
葡萄牙
Local time: 21:08
会员
English英语译成Portuguese葡萄牙语
+ ...
Mar 28, 2018

Hello, dear fellows, concerning the translation of pages containing logotypes, what is the most correct/the usual procedure? are the words within the logo to be translated?
Thank you in advance!

Marjolein Snippe
Marjolein Snippe  Identity Verified
荷兰
Local time: 22:08
正式会员 (自2012)
English英语译成Dutch荷兰语
+ ...
depends Mar 28, 2018

If the client has not indicated what they would like me to do, I usually indicate a logo by putting

[Logo]

in the source document. If the logotype is a name followed by a description or a tag line, I may write the name and a translation of the other text, or the original text followed by a translation in parentheses, for example

[Logo: Hospital São João - diagnóstico por imagem (diagnostics through imaging)]

[Edited at 2018-03-28 13:55 GMT]

neilmac
neilmac
西班牙
Spanish西班牙语译成English英语
+ ...
Depends Mar 29, 2018

I have one client called (Company name) España, which I translate as (Company name) Spain, and they're tickled to bits.

Marcella Marino
Marcella Marino  Identity Verified
意大利
正式会员 (自2016)
English英语译成Italian意大利语
+ ...
Depends Mar 31, 2018

I usually indicate in the target text

[Logo]

and then the translation of its content, if it is translatable. If the content does not have to be translated, for instance in case of company names, I copy the content of the logo in the target text.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Logos translation

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »