First letter in each segment protected?
论题张贴者: djingo (X)
djingo (X)
djingo (X)
English英语译成Danish丹麦语
Dec 13, 2006

I noticed that in each segment the first letter is treated as a protected tag (both in source and target segments). How do I remove the protection for the first letter?

(I don't want to cancel the protection for the tags - only for the text itself.)

Lindsay Sabadosa (X)
Lindsay Sabadosa (X)  Identity Verified
美国
Local time: 17:28
Italian意大利语译成English英语
+ ...
It's all about cursor placement Dec 14, 2006

Basically, if you put the cursor in front of the first word and type, it doesn't change the text but adds text to the tag (not good). If you put the cursor *after* the first letter (if that's all you want to change) or after the first word and then use the backspace key, you can edit the whole word. There may be another way but this is what I do.
Hope this helps.
Best,
LNS

Izabela Szczypka
Izabela Szczypka  Identity Verified
西班牙
Local time: 23:28
English英语译成Polish波兰语
+ ...
I do it the same way Dec 14, 2006

Lindsay Sabadosa wrote:

Basically, if you put the cursor in front of the first word and type, it doesn't change the text but adds text to the tag (not good). If you put the cursor *after* the first letter (if that's all you want to change) or after the first word and then use the backspace key, you can edit the whole word. There may be another way but this is what I do.
Hope this helps.
Best,
LNS

... but find it annoying. Anybody with a better idea how to?

Philippe Etienne
Philippe Etienne  Identity Verified
西班牙
Local time: 23:28
会员
English英语译成French法语
Maybe a workaround Dec 14, 2006

This behaviour is the same with Trados.
In Word, with hidden text displayed, highlight (select) the first letter of the segment and type.
This should do the trick, the font will be that of the first letter of the segment.
Hope it helps,
Philippe

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

First letter in each segment protected?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »