This site uses cookies.
Some of these cookies are essential to the operation of the site,
while others help to improve your experience by providing insights into how the site is being used.
For more information, please see the ProZ.com privacy policy.
VIA AILooking for an interpreter?
Remoto by ProZ.com connects you with an identity-verified interpreter by video or phone in about 60 seconds — 300+ languages, on demand or booked ahead.
Try Remoto »
The small business I run started life as a translator’s cooperative in 1985 in Brussels, but when in 2015 I decided to move back to Lisbon for family reasons I had to convert it into a registered society with only two members.
Sebastian Witte
Subject:
Comment:
The contents of this post will automatically be included in the ticket generated. Please add any additional comments or explanation (optional)
Collaboration in Freelance Translation: Challenges and Tools
Sep 3
I’m keen on collaborations for my language pairs: English–Italian, German–Italian, and French–Italian. Diverse perspectives improve translation quality, but finding reliable partners is tough. Past attempts failed due to scheduling conflicts. Trust and technical tools (e.g., high-performance PCs, CAT tools like memoQ/Trados, paid dictionaries, and AI subscriptions) are critical. I prefer formal partnerships for structured projects and shared resources. Preparation, clear deadlines, and a... See more
I’m keen on collaborations for my language pairs: English–Italian, German–Italian, and French–Italian. Diverse perspectives improve translation quality, but finding reliable partners is tough. Past attempts failed due to scheduling conflicts. Trust and technical tools (e.g., high-performance PCs, CAT tools like memoQ/Trados, paid dictionaries, and AI subscriptions) are critical. I prefer formal partnerships for structured projects and shared resources. Preparation, clear deadlines, and alignment on standards are key to successful collaboration. ▲ Collapse
Maria Laura Curzi
Subject:
Comment:
The contents of this post will automatically be included in the ticket generated. Please add any additional comments or explanation (optional)
Thayenga 德国 Local time: 01:06 正式会员 (自2009) English英语译成German德语 + ...
Solo
Sep 3
I prefer working solo. However, when the need arises, I do know other colleagues who are willing to lend a hand - or a word or two.
[Edited at 2026-09-03 16:45 GMT]
Christine Andersen
Subject:
Comment:
The contents of this post will automatically be included in the ticket generated. Please add any additional comments or explanation (optional)
Daryo Local time: 00:06 Serbian塞尔维亚语译成English英语 + ...
No need for 'formal'
Sep 8
Informal partnerships on a case-by-case basis have worked well enough for me.
This is a case where you would have to have some very good reasons to get bogged down in endless formalities. Usually not worth the trouble.
Christine Andersen
Subject:
Comment:
The contents of this post will automatically be included in the ticket generated. Please add any additional comments or explanation (optional)
Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer.
Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools.
Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio
Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.