Is there a way to eliminate double entries in termbase automatically?
论题张贴者: Piotr Bienkowski
Piotr Bienkowski
Piotr Bienkowski  Identity Verified
波兰
Local time: 02:15
English英语译成Polish波兰语
+ ...
Jan 22, 2012

I mean, if the 2nd (or third) entry is identical with the first occurrence (both source and translation are identical), it should go. Is there an automatic way to do it?

Going through them one by one will take ages...

Regards,

Piotr

Dominique Pivard
Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 03:15
Finnish芬兰语译成French法语
Use Excel (for the time being) Jan 22, 2012

Piotr Bienkowski wrote:
I mean, if the 2nd (or third) entry is identical with the first occurrence (both source and translation are identical), it should go. Is there an automatic way to do it?

My understanding is that there's no built-in duplicate removal feature in the current version of memoQ. The subject was discussed on the memoQ list on 12-Sep-2011. I think your best bet for the time being would be to export the content of tour termbase, use Excel to remove duplicates and reimport it into a new termbase.

Michael Beijer
Michael Beijer  Identity Verified
英国
Local time: 01:15
正式会员 (自2009)
Dutch荷兰语译成English英语
+ ...
I have been asking Kilgray for this since 1987... Jan 22, 2012

p.s. BE CAREFUL with Excel: there is a very high chance that you will mess something up. Pay particular attention to the encoding of the files (UTF-8) and double check at every step whether the diacritics and accents (ë, é, ï etc.) in your files are still intact.

p.p.s. I would recommend tlTe
... See more

p.s. BE CAREFUL with Excel: there is a very high chance that you will mess something up. Pay particular attention to the encoding of the files (UTF-8) and double check at every step whether the diacritics and accents (ë, é, ï etc.) in your files are still intact.

p.p.s. I would recommend tlTerm (http://tshwanedje.com/terminology/ ) for term bases. I have since given up on using memoQ for my main TB. Incidentally, I suspect qTerm (http://kilgray.com/products/qterm ) can remove duplicates (and do a lot of other things we have asking Kilgray to fix in memoQ's built-in term base editor). Just a shame it's so expensive...

[Edited at 2012-01-22 11:57 GMT]

[Edited at 2012-01-22 12:11 GMT]
Collapse

transjura (X)
transjura (X)
Local time: 02:15
German德语译成English英语
+ ...
work-around with across 5.0SP1 ver F Mar 7, 2012

Hi, The latest update of across has an excellent data management feature. You have to install across (across.net; it's free for freelancers, but you do have to register). Then import your term base or even TM. And there you go. It's easy to understand and they have excellent free email support, too. Then export your data back to MemoQ.
Worked wonders for me.
Best regards, Carola

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Is there a way to eliminate double entries in termbase automatically?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »