How do you like the new P-on-a-red-background symbol for full members?
论题张贴者: Jack Doughty
Jack Doughty
Jack Doughty  Identity Verified
英国
Local time: 23:52
Russian俄语译成English英语
+ ...
纪念
Oct 1, 2008

I don't have any strong objection to it, but to me it looks like either a no-parking sign or a "Probationary" plate which is a legal requirement in some countries for new drivers for a set period after passing the test. I think I preferred the ribbon.

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2008-10-01 15:48]

Lori Cirefice
Lori Cirefice  Identity Verified
法国
Local time: 00:52
French法语译成English英语
?? Oct 1, 2008

I don't see this anywhere?? I still see blue ribbons?

Giles Watson
Giles Watson  Identity Verified
意大利
Italian意大利语译成English英语
纪念
It's not for full members Oct 1, 2008

Hi Jack,

If I understand correctly, the "P" is not for full members, who still have the rather pretty blue ribbon. The new symbol is for the Professional network of full members who comply with the requirements of the new programme:

http://www.proz.com/pro-tag/info/screening-criteria?tag_type=freelancers

I'm looking forward to
... See more
Hi Jack,

If I understand correctly, the "P" is not for full members, who still have the rather pretty blue ribbon. The new symbol is for the Professional network of full members who comply with the requirements of the new programme:

I'm looking forward to seeing how this new initiative develops!

Best,

Giles

[Edited at 2008-10-01 13:51]
Collapse

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
德国
正式会员 (自2003)
Polish波兰语译成German德语
+ ...
Are you not mixing things up? Oct 1, 2008

I remember this P-on-the-red-background-sign to be a sign for a member, who's not currently available on the site, as opposite to a P-on the-green-background-sign for members available on the site. You see those signs when you chose peoples profile for example.

Patrick Dotterer
Patrick Dotterer
Local time: 18:52
网站工作人员
New symbol is for the ProZ.com Certified PRO participant Oct 1, 2008

Hello Everyone,

Yes, this is correct Giles. Thank you for clarifying this and providing a link to the screening criteria which was made public yesterday.

Kind Regards,
Patrick

Platary (X)
Platary (X)
German德语译成French法语
+ ...
PRO tag Oct 1, 2008

Giles Watson wrote:

The new symbol is for the Professional network of full members who comply with the requirements of the new programme:

Absolutely right !

OM

Stuart Dowell
Stuart Dowell  Identity Verified
波兰
正式会员 (自2007)
Polish波兰语译成English英语
+ ...
Regarding the look of the "P" Oct 2, 2008

I am delighted to have been included in the certified PRO program and love my new "P" in my profile.

I would add only that the symbol, which I understand is supposed to look like a wax letter seal, thereby giving a seal of approval, does not display in sharp relief and looks a bit unclear.

I know its supposed to be small but the green tick symbol appearing alongside seems much clearer and jumps out from the screen.

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT
Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
西班牙
正式会员 (自2005)
English英语译成Spanish西班牙语
+ ...
I like the "tomatazo" Oct 2, 2008

As a Spaniard, and as a person who is very fond of tomatoes, I quite like the "tomatazo". Honest! Well done.

Hester Eymers
Hester Eymers  Identity Verified
荷兰
正式会员 (自2005)
English英语译成Dutch荷兰语
+ ...
I like the rosette Oct 2, 2008

To me it looks like a rosette, which I like.

My American Heritage Dictionary says:

rosette - An ornament or badge made of ribbon or silk that is pleated or gathered to resemble a rose and is used to decorate clothing or is worn in the buttonhole of civilian dress to indicate the possession of certain medals or honors.

Quite apt!

KathyT
KathyT  Identity Verified
澳大利亚
Local time: 08:52
Japanese日语译成English英语
Interesting that it represents different things to different people. Oct 2, 2008

stuart dowell wrote:
... the symbol, which I understand is supposed to look like a wax letter seal, thereby giving a seal of approval....

Tomás Cano Binder wrote:
as a person who is very fond of tomatoes, I quite like the "tomatazo".

Hester Eymers wrote:
To me it looks like a rosette, which I like.

And there I was thinking it looked like a cute bottle top.
What does that say about me?
Anyway, I think this is a great initiative on the part of Proz.com!
Warm regards from Kathy in balmy Sydney

Marek Buchtel
Marek Buchtel  Identity Verified
捷克共和国
正式会员 (自2005)
English英语译成Czech捷克语
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Looks like F Oct 2, 2008

Hello,

I've noticed that the P symbol has replaced the blue ribbon for those members that are PRO-certified (membership is one of the requirements). Not everywhere, but at least on homepage and in Kudoz. And New directory still contains the old P sign (circle, like a seal). It's obviously undr development

It looks like F on smaller screens (my 15.4" laptop, for example). Does anybody have the same experie
... See more
Hello,

I've noticed that the P symbol has replaced the blue ribbon for those members that are PRO-certified (membership is one of the requirements). Not everywhere, but at least on homepage and in Kudoz. And New directory still contains the old P sign (circle, like a seal). It's obviously undr development

It looks like F on smaller screens (my 15.4" laptop, for example). Does anybody have the same experience?

Marek

[Upraveno: 2008-10-02 12:01]
Collapse

Natalia Eklund
Natalia Eklund  Identity Verified
法国
French法语译成English英语
+ ...
Am I blind? Oct 2, 2008

I don't see it anywhere!
I went to Stuart Dowell's profile, and only saw the blue ribbon with a PRO written on the side.

Jack Doughty
Jack Doughty  Identity Verified
英国
Local time: 23:52
Russian俄语译成English英语
+ ...
主题发起人
纪念
No, you're not blind Oct 2, 2008

Actually I regret having started this topic at this time. I did not realize that the symbol was only for the new "PRO" class members, and it is at present only visible to them and not to anyone else. Presumably this will change later, possibly on October 7th, when there is some sort of official unveiling of this status due to take place.

Cristina Heraud-van Tol
Cristina Heraud-van Tol  Identity Verified
秘鲁
Local time: 17:52
正式会员 (自2005)
English英语译成Spanish西班牙语
+ ...
Yes! Oct 2, 2008

N.M. Eklund wrote:

I don't see it anywhere!
I went to Stuart Dowell's profile, and only saw the blue ribbon with a PRO written on the side.

I did exactly the same, I even entered twice to look for the "P" and can't find it anywhere. On which pages do you actually see the famous "P"?

Niraja Nanjundan (X)
Niraja Nanjundan (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 04:22
German德语译成English英语
You can see it on the Certified Pro page Oct 2, 2008

N.M. Eklund wrote:

Hi Natalia, hi Cristina,

I couldn't see it on Stuart's profile either! If you really want to see the symbol, though, you can see it on the Certified Pro page under "What people are saying." The symbol appears next to each person's name.

Regards,
Niraja

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How do you like the new P-on-a-red-background symbol for full members?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »