论题张贴者: Piotr Mleczko
Piotr Mleczko
Piotr Mleczko  Identity Verified
波兰
Local time: 13:18
English英语译成Polish波兰语
+ ...
May 13, 2005

Does anybody working for Softitler had a similar problem with uns tools application: no uns files can be opened. They don't really know what's the reason. Any help?

I use Win XP Sp2 OS and uns tools ver. 3.1.19

Piotrek

Nora Escoms
Nora Escoms  Identity Verified
阿根廷
Local time: 08:18
English英语译成Spanish西班牙语
+ ...
Have you downloaded all updates? May 13, 2005

Hi, Piotrek.
If you have downloaded them, and they're all correctly installed, and it still dpesn't work, you might have to try reinstalling UNSTools. The only time I had problems with this was when the download didn't go all that well so I had to do it over again; after that, it has worked just fine. I have Windows XP too.
Sorry I can't help you further.
Good luck,

Nora

Piotr Mleczko
Piotr Mleczko  Identity Verified
波兰
English英语译成Polish波兰语
+ ...
主题发起人
thanks May 16, 2005

Dear Nora,

Thanks a lot for your reply. I followed your advice and, regretfully, nothing changed. Anyway, shortly afterwards, I managed to fix the problem as I accidentally noticed that the application and the files are stored at different drives - and when I copied them to the same disc - voila! All works fine.

If you want to discuss any other topics of subtitling/translation feel free to email me
at any time! Take care,

Piotrek

Nora Escoms wrote:

Hi, Piotrek.
If you have downloaded them, and they're all correctly installed, and it still dpesn't work, you might have to try reinstalling UNSTools. The only time I had problems with this was when the download didn't go all that well so I had to do it over again; after that, it has worked just fine. I have Windows XP too.
Sorry I can't help you further.
Good luck,

Nora

Noha Kamal, PhD.
Noha Kamal, PhD.  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:18
English英语译成Arabic阿拉伯语
+ ...
Another problem with UNS Jun 14, 2005

piotrekml wrote:

Does anybody working for Softitler had a similar problem with uns tools application: no uns files can be opened. They don't really know what's the reason. Any help?

Piotrek

Hi,
My name is Noha. I translate from Arabic to English. I have a similar problem withe UNS Tools. It has to do with the langugage rules. I installed them a hundred times, but I still can't do a syntax check. Any ideas?
Thanks

Adepto Norway
Adepto Norway  Identity Verified
English英语译成Norwegian挪威语
+ ...
UNS tools and language rules Oct 31, 2005

Hello Noha!

I had the exact same problem with UNS tools and language rules.
It turned out to be very easy.

Try this:

- After you have unzipped the language rules file, it is probably placed in a folder with the same name as the file itself. This folder again is placed within the folder Softitler>Languages.
- Copy the language file from the folder with the same name as the file, and into the folder Softitler>Languages.
- You should now h
... See more
Hello Noha!

I had the exact same problem with UNS tools and language rules.
It turned out to be very easy.

Try this:

- After you have unzipped the language rules file, it is probably placed in a folder with the same name as the file itself. This folder again is placed within the folder Softitler>Languages.
- Copy the language file from the folder with the same name as the file, and into the folder Softitler>Languages.
- You should now have all language files placed in the same folder (the Softitler>Languages-folder).
-Delete the folder with the same name as the language rules.
-Try now and see if you can check syntax

The point is that if the language file for your language is placed in a different folder than the source language file, then syntax check in UNS will not "find" your language rules.

Let me know if this helps!

Inger Lise
Collapse

Muriel Steenhoudt
Muriel Steenhoudt
加拿大
Local time: 07:18
English英语译成French法语
+ ...
UNS Tools Feb 27, 2006

Hi,

My name is Muriel. I sometimes work for Softitler and use UNS tool.
As for me, I've always been able to open the files and to work with them, but the problems occur when I have to save the last file. I always have to "play" with the names and extensions, and finally I usually have to rename the last file with the right extension for Softitler in Windows (XP) Explorer.
This whole scenario once lead me to mix everything and to loose my last file! And a few hours of w
... See more
Hi,

As for me, I've always been able to open the files and to work with them, but the problems occur when I have to save the last file. I always have to "play" with the names and extensions, and finally I usually have to rename the last file with the right extension for Softitler in Windows (XP) Explorer.
This whole scenario once lead me to mix everything and to loose my last file! And a few hours of work!
If anyone has an idea to correct that problem...
Thanks,
Muriel
Collapse

Joanna Borowska
Joanna Borowska  Identity Verified
波兰
English英语译成Polish波兰语
Problem saving a file n UNSTools-solution Mar 2, 2006

Muriel Steenhoudt wrote:

Hi,

This whole scenario once lead me to mix everything and to loose my last file! And a few hours of work!
If anyone has an idea to correct that problem...
Thanks,
Muriel

I had the same problem. And here's how to deal with it:

Go to your START--SETTINGS--CONTROL PANEL--FOLDER OPTIONS--VIEW.

Here you need to make sure that the option "Hide known file extensions" is NOT selected.
And that the option "Show hidden files and folders" is SELECTED.
Click on APPLY--OK.

Hope that helps someone in the future

Cem ARIKAN
Cem ARIKAN
Local time: 07:18
English英语译成Turkish土耳其语
+ ...
Uns Tools Mar 17, 2006

Well,
When I use Uns tools and save the file, I always have to add ".uns" at the end of the filename. If not, the program doesn't let me save it. It doesn't really bother me. Maybe the problem you have is similar to this. Just wanted to let you know.
Good Luck!

Anders Olsson (X)
Anders Olsson (X)
English英语译成Swedish瑞典语
+ ...
Thanks Joanna! Jan 9, 2007

Joanna Borowska wrote:

I had the same problem. And here's how to deal with it:

Go to your START--SETTINGS--CONTROL PANEL--FOLDER OPTIONS--VIEW.

Here you need to make sure that the option "Hide known file extensions" is NOT selected.
And that the option "Show hidden files and folders" is SELECTED.
Click on APPLY--OK.

Hope that helps someone in the future

Thanks Joanna, It did help someone in the future!. It seems that your advice solved the problem I have had with UNSTools for some time. I also lost a several hours of work a few weeks ago...

/Anders

elje
elje
English英语译成Norwegian挪威语
+ ...
Installing Digi Delivery Apr 18, 2008

I have tried to install DigiDelivery. The process stops when the following message comes up: "You must quit DigiDelivery before the installation process can proceed." Does anyone know what to do now?

elje

Sylwia Lubkowska
Sylwia Lubkowska
Local time: 12:18
English英语译成Polish波兰语
UNSTools Sep 11, 2008

Piotr Mleczko wrote:

Piotrek

Hi, I've had this problem for quite a while. Basically, whenever I try opening a new file, UNSTools keeps crashing. The only remedy seems to reinstall it over and over again, which obviously is annoying and time consuming. And even afterwards the program seems quirky. I must say that sometimes I'm forced to send them the file without running it on UNSTools and leave it for them to do, or else I wouldn't meet the deadline.

I always check that the hidden file extensions are shown and that the right language is selected for my target file. Unfortunately, it only helps sometimes. I don't know, maybe there's something wrong with my computer.

Good luck, anyway.
S.

Eeva Lilley
Eeva Lilley  Identity Verified
英国
Local time: 12:18
English英语译成Finnish芬兰语
+ ...
language Oct 2, 2008

Another thing is that when you open the file and browse your folders UNS Tools changes the language automatically to English for some reason. And as your file is in your target language it won't open it, the whole program just seizes up. The trick is to change the language back to your language just before you click on the file you want to open in UNS Tools. Hope that helps.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

problems with Softitler's UNS TOOLS

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »